SMX22 Arrived!!

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
Yesterday, in fact. With issues, unfortunately. Either Canada Post or Canada Customs put the import sticker on the bottom of the box, this despite the obvious orientation of the box PLUS THE HANDLE ON TOP :rarr: My first clue there might be a problem was when the delivery guy arrived with the box. As I approached my door to answer, I watched him literally spin the box in the air and set it down not too gently on my concrete front step, handle down. :eek2: I didn't know whether to faint, yell or what :rant:
    was the heatsink attached? see pic was there a video card? I'm assuming no, looks like onboard video who is the superhero who hitchhiked along?

Comments

• ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    There were foam chips everywhere. Even inside the case fan and inside the heatsink shroud ;D

Pic2: One of these things is not like the others.
    edited June 2004
    The inside of the case had been signed by a large welcoming committee - COOL :cool: Done during the LAN?

There was also a nice "Snuffy Approved" welcoming letter..... :zombie::thumbsup:
    edited June 2004
    The hitchhiking superhero is strangly silent. We have nicknamed him SMarty for the time being, until his true identity becomes known. He is fast making friends with Dana's doll collection. He indicated that he was somewhat frazzled after the trip, so the dolls set him up with a spa appointment.... :fey: He seemed quite happy, somehow almost at home (VAGUE MANTOUCH REFERENCE)
    edited June 2004
    I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, I know this is a family site.....but I feel compelled to document SMarty's behaviour since he arrived.

There was what I thought was some sort of attachment for the computer, lying on the floor of the case. Nope, Barbie knew what it was. I will limit my possible trouble by not publishing ALL of the pics but let's just say that Barbie is now mad because Ken is investigating an "alternative lifestyle"...

Think "strap on".......
  • VileDaRKNiGHTVileDaRKNiGHT Hudson FL
    edited June 2004
    hehehe
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    OH my GOD this is some funny stuff... This cronicle of SM22's birth and the stories it has spawned will live in imfany...

Mantouch ninja's.... what next...

New meaning to SM19's little brother... SM22 has a friend that isn't so little...
  • edited June 2004
    Awesome. Congratulations again Keto. Where was the pc2400 ram obtained?

KingFish
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2004
    :thumbsup:

Where'd the other pic go? ;D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    Awesome. Congratulations again Keto. Where was the pc2400 ram obtained?

KingFish

The RAM came with the machine.
    edited June 2004
    I decided discretion was probably the better part of valour 8-P if there's a clamour for it, I may repost...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    hahahahahahha

hahahahah omg

/me dies of laughter

That is Perry's (my son) silver power ranger.. He must have gotten into that box somehow. OMG that is hilarious.

Trust me when I say to please keep him. He will now live in infamy as our site's secondary, albeit slightly homoerotic, mascot.

My son has 10,00 billionty action figures. I don't want it back. ;D
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Wow! That makes it even better since his shipping was unintentional!! Hahaha! ;D;D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    That's a power ranger? ;D;D;D
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    That's a power ranger? ;D;D;D

After researching that particular figurine, I have found that the silver ranger is the "Gay Ranger w/ matching handbag"... I'm surprised that all you mantouch folks out there didn't pickup on that.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited June 2004
    R O F L M A O :)

I've noticed the new customs charges as well. It seems they've started cracking down on all shipments to canada although the small packages are still not checked (so ram and CPU shipments get through free :)). At least USPS/Canada post is more reasonable than fedex. I've been getting charged $5 handling and then taxes on the stated value. I've got bills from fedex for a $50 handling fee and then taxes on top for a $20 broken muvo2 that had a value stated as $1 (ITS BROKEN). They got my name wrong though so I stuck the bill in a new envelope and sent it back :p.
    edited June 2004
    SMarty is starting to advise the rest of Dana's dolls on fashion and home decor. Some of them, in particular the Bratz, are getting a little resentfull. If it elevates to full blown (*KOFF*) anarchy, I may have to ship him back.

In a private meeting, Ken asked if we could keep the strap-on if SMarty goes back. I have not committed.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited June 2004
    ;D;D;D

Congrats, keto :thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2004
    Haha I remember that Letter and all that persued. Oh thats so awesome. I didnt know the action figure got in there tho.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited June 2004
    Send SMarty on, he needs to travel... lol

"g"
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Welcome to the Club! SM21 now has a younger sibling to pick on.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2004
    Haha, that is funny. Congrats again on being one of the lucky hosts.