IC4 Upgrades

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
IC4 will be down for a few hours as I transplant motherboards. Trish will be going from an ECS K7S5A with hacked OC BIOS to a MSI KT3-Ultra2, most likely with an Alpha PAL8045 heatsink and Panaflo fan.

Comments

• WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    sweeeet
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    I love that board - hope you and her do to!

:thumbsup:

Prof
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Well, I finally got her running after fiddling with a few tempermental NICs. My 3Com didn't want to cooperate so I slapped in a D-Link. Bad choice. Every time I rebooted after changing the network settings, Win2K would "forget" that I had installed the damn thing! Finally got it working with a Linky NIC.

She's purring along at 170x11 and running fairly cool (only 40*C at 100% load!) I reinstalled Win2K SP4, replaced the Radio Shack 120mm fan with a nice Panaflo I had lying around, flashed the board to the latest BIOS, and dropped in a 256MB stick of PC2700. The proc is an XP1700+, but it reports as a 2200+. It's JUIHB stepping, so 170x11 shouldn't be a problem. I was running 150x11 with the ECS board, and the MSI board is much more stable.

More power for the team! Go Trish!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    My god the list of changes keeps on growing for IC4. The page should be full by now.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    mmonnin said
    Mt god the list of changes keeps on growing for IC4. The page should be full by now.

Pretty soon, he'll be able to put the original computer back together - then we'll have to refer to them as IC4a and IC4b!

;D

Prof
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    So far I've swapped the CPU twice (Athlon 1000 for Athlon 1333 for XP1700+), the PSU (when I accidentally shorted it out), motherboard (K7S5A for KT3), memory (PC133 for PC2700), the NIC (D-Link to 3Com to D-Link to Linky), and the 120mm fan (although the original might go back in, this one is a little noisier). It's still using the original case, video, HS/F combo and HD.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Hmm maybe I was thinking of IC2 and IC4 together.