I think I'm peaking.

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited June 2004 in Folding@Home
I've got 4 CPUs running for me right now: My primary rig, my secondary rig, my sister's rig, and my girlfriend's mother's rig. I'm in 35th place on the team. My next overtake is scheduled for 59 days.

I'm not going to be able to add any CPUs any time soon; my secondary rig is going away (I just bought a gaming notebook to replace it) and my girlfriend's rig will be back up and running to replace it. My sister's rig is going to become my parents' rig. Overall, my CPU power will remain about the same, going from 8.18 AMD GHz to 8.21 GHz with the changeover.

I think I'm peaking... rank 40, here I come! :banghead:

Comments

• CryptoCrypto W.Sussex UK Member
    edited June 2004
    just watch your back mate, I'm on to you in 411 days ;D

Cheers Crypto :ukflag:
  • edited June 2004
    You might try folding with the new laptop. That should help a bit on production.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Any reccomendations for folding on a laptop? Extra cooling, etc(?)
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2004
    Download MobileMeter:
    http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/8259/

And run it (no install needed). It *should* give you your CPU and hard drive temps. See what the CPU hits while folding with no extra cooling.
  • edited June 2004
    I just keep mine in a cool place if possible. If you can't keep it in a cool place, then raising the back an inch or so will help with cooling. Also, if you do have cooling problems you can always specify less than 100% of your cpu cycles too, for usage. At the house I set it up in front of the window ac in my computer room and it runs nice and cool. :cool:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2004
    Thanks for the info, guys.