It was only a matter of time...

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited July 2004 in Hardware
...before I bought another toy.

My latest one is a brand new, never used Iwill DVD266u-RN. There are very few 2 or 3 year old boards that have never been used, but this one was indeed a NIB board.

Anyhow, it's a dual PIII/DDR board. It'll look great next to my MSI Pro266TD-LR Dual PIII/DDR board. :D Now all I need is a Rioworks SDVIC and I'll have one of every dual PIII/DDR board ever made (discounting the various revisions of the three aforementioned boards) ;D. I love these boards. Via chipset or not, they're stable, they're fast, they take dirt cheap (relatively speaking) DDR, and being that they take PIIIs, they run nice and cool and quiet.

Pics:

Comments

• jchanbrjchanbr Brazil - São Paulo
    edited June 2004
    Where did you buy it? Still have in stock? And price? :D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2004
    Ebay, that was the only one :(, and it was $165.
    edited June 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    Ebay, that was the only one :(, and it was $165.

Wow! Is a bit expensive for me! Here in Brazil the guys have in stock the ECS DV6AA dual P3 mobo (no-tualatin and sdram) for U$60.
    edited June 2004
    If you've got the money, I'd go for it. Dual CPU systems are great fun to play with, even if you don't... actually... have... any real use for them. They're so much fun, in fact, that besides the dual Athlon system and the dual PIII system, I've got a dual P4 Xeon board, and if I find a good deal on a dual opteron board and I have the money for it, I'll buy one.

/me wuvs his dual cpu systems
    edited June 2004
    Yes, you are right. I already built some dual computer for some clients of mine (dual p3, dual xeon ht and dual athlon xp@mp), now I saving some money to build a dual opteron for me, the price is getting pretty down (msi mobo and 2 opteron 242). Is very funny, because I use the computer for heavy tasks (video, music, multimedia, etc). but like you also want a pentium m desktop cpu :D (have a quiet apple G3@G4 cpu with only heatsink on cpu) but I like to experiment....hehhehhe
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited July 2004
    Love dualies :)

I picked up a good old Abit BP6 with a pair of 366MHz celeries a little while back. Ran them at 550MHz. Afterwards I got the dual cpu fever again, and picked up a dual MP system. Got a Tyan Tiger MPX and a set of 1800+ MP's (with thermalright SK6's and Delta 60mm fans) and 1GB corsair registered PC2100 for around $280 US.

I don't have a real need for a dual cpu system, but they are fun none the less.
    edited July 2004
    Well, if you love duallies, you'll want a bucket to catch the drool here in a second... here's a pic of my dually collection. I couldn't find all of my slotkets, so some of the slot 1 boards look a bit bare.

Anyhow, moving from left to right, starting from the top row, we have:

-An ASUS PC-DL Deluxe (dual P4 Xeon)

-An Iwill DVD266U-RN (dual PIII/DDR, Tualatin support) with 2 1GHz CuMines in it

-A MSI Pro266TD-LR (dual PIII/DDR, Tualatin support) with 2 466MHz Celerons in it

-A Tyan Thunder LE or LE-T rackmount-ready dual PIII board (untested, as I have no ECC/REG ram)

-A Tyan Thunderbolt dual PII/III (66-100MHz FSB) board (i440GX chipset, does 124MHz FSB stably)

-A GigaByte dual PII/III 440BX board. No overclocking options. Only tested to see if it'd post. It did.

-A Supermicro P6DLS dual PII (66MHz FSB) board (i440LX, has POSTed at 100MHz FSB, never used beyond that) with 2 450MHz PIIIs

-A Supermicro S2DGU dual PII/III Xeon (66-100MHz FSB) board (i440GX chipset) with 2 400MHz P2 Xeons

ALSO, I have a MSI K7D-L, which is not in the pic because frankly, it's the only dually I have in a system, and I don't feel like taking it all apart. It has dual 2500s modded to MPs in it.

• JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited July 2004
    holy crap K

donate to the poor man!!

lol
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Just be patient, he's going to college soon, he'll be ripe for the picking then.