Keep on chugging

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Hey guys it looks like the goons are slowing down a bit. This week we have out produced the Goons and we are also right behind The Tech Report. The Mac Team is coming strong tho.

I dont think we are quite up to full speed. I looked around and some people are lower than usual. With Ensida and t1 getting labs and the new members coming in it looks like we will be able to hond them off.

Keep on folding :fold:

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    Way to F:fold:LD Team 93 :clap::clap::clap:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    YES! When they started coming on strong, THEY STARTED COMING ON STRONG, and I thought we would never be able to outproduce them again.

:clap: w00t!
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Well, I just added my laptop and main rig back into the arsenal. Though my main rig doesn't fold 24/7. I also added my PC at work, and I'm getting ready to add another dual processor system at work as soon as the guy gets a life and leaves work for once.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    :woowoo: Go Team!!

Everything I've got is folding, (except the old Pentium Pro) even cranked up the XP-m from 2.2, to 2.35 (ram is holding me back). It will keep going until I get back to work.

Till then, get as much as we can!

:smokin:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    I added a dualie and its folding it ass off.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I said soothing, encouraging words to my office computers today!
  • edited July 2004
    I had a glitch that I got corrected yesterday with my sat broadband connection at the house. It seems to be back up and running OK now.
    edited July 2004
    After I get a chance to look at SM5, I'm going to set my sister's, dad's, and mom's computer back up folding. Though that's only about 2.7 GHz total for all three computers, it's still enough to help. :)
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2004
    w00t, fold on team. We have been kicking some ass here lately.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Man, those Mac guys must have every Mac user with an Internet connection folding for them to outproduce us like that!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I brought my desktop to the month-long course in Vermont I just started mostly so I could keep it folding :)
  • edited July 2004
    GHoosdum wrote:
    Man, those Mac guys must have every Mac user with an Internet connection folding for them to outproduce us like that!

Note that a hell of a lot of their points production comes from x86 machines, not macs. :rolleyes:;D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    That was my first guess, but I didn't want to offend anyone.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    How can you offend a MAC user? they are offensive enough.
    No, there are not enough G4s and G5s in existance to put out that kind of folding.
    I will be adding another 2.2 XP soon. I love used hardware.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited July 2004
    I added another 12ghz today. That should help out a bit. :)
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited July 2004
    Nice going team. I myself just passed 6k about 2 days ago and are going strong. How can you guys stand the heat all thse rigs must produce. My room nver gets colder then 25c and that's before i turn my monitor on. It's 90 w really heats the room well.
  • witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited July 2004
    EyesOnly wrote:
    How can you guys stand the heat all thse rigs must produce. My room never gets colder then 25c and that's before i turn my monitor on.
    My rigs are mostly in the basement - but I have 3 in this room and it was 100 degrees yesterday and about the same today - OUTSIDE!! A/C is working overtime and my electric bill is about to put me in the poor house ;D Or do they have houses for the poor anymore? Just keep folding. Jack
    edited July 2004
    EyesOnly wrote:
    Nice going team. I myself just passed 6k about 2 days ago and are going strong. How can you guys stand the heat all thse rigs must produce. My room nver gets colder then 25c and that's before i turn my monitor on. It's 90 w really heats the room well.

That's why I shut my main rig down at night. It ups the temp in my room at least 5 degrees. Usually more. It's horrid.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    I keep mine in the living room with my little a/c unit. Up here the heat has only been a problem the past couple of days. Usually a couple window fans do the trick.
  • edited July 2004
    witenoiz wrote:
    My rigs are mostly in the basement - but I have 3 in this room and it was 100 degrees yesterday and about the same today - OUTSIDE!! A/C is working overtime and my electric bill is about to put me in the poor house ;D Or do they have houses for the poor anymore? Just keep folding. Jack

I know what you are talking about with the electric bill, Jack. :eek2: Mine has gone through the roof with the hot weather combined with the fuel adjustment.:rolleyes: I have a 9500 btu window ac in my computer room besides the central ac vent to keep my temps at bay. I really need to see what I can rig up to vent my cases outside or something; it would probably help keep the temps down.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited July 2004
    It says about 95F in my room year round now because of my computers. It is normal for me now and doesn't bother me. But if someone comes in they have to leave in about 10 minutes because it gets to them.
  • edited July 2004
    I predicted that the 'goons would fizzle out in the long run. They are probably finding more chic causes that are more fashionable for them now. Way to go #93!

KF
  • JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
    edited July 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    I predicted that the 'goons would fizzle out in the long run. They are probably finding more chic causes that are more fashionable for them now. Way to go #93!

KF

The Goons are a great bunch of guys and gals; the primary reason for their drop in points is NOT because of a superficial interest in the project, but because their major points producer, digitalrave.net (chipping in an average of ~33,000 points per week), hasn't had any production for the past week and a half or so.

Their team has signed up nineteen new members in the past week; I assure you, they aren't going silently into the night--nor would I want them to. The Goons are great contributors and great competitors; I'm immensely pleased that they've taken up folding as a cause -- and no matter who ends up on top in the rankings, it's all going to benefit a project which we all ideologically believe in, despite our diverse social, political, and economic backgrounds.
  • edited July 2004
    Well that's great to know that they aren't losing interest in the project but I won't go pay $10 to join their forums just to check out their folding team. IMO, they are stupid hiding their folding forum behind a pay to view scheme like they have in place now. IMO, they are hurting their own cause, having it to where a non-goon can even lurk in their folding forum. :)
  • edited July 2004
    I certainly respect their contributions to the folding cause but I certainly don't agree with their tone and many of their forum posts. They are quite creative and funny at times but I certainly don't agree with their overall ideology. When I see references to radical, violent left wing groups I get concerned.

KF
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited July 2004
    Great job, team 93! F:fold:ld on!!

Sorry, I don't want to trash this good thread, but has anyone seen my latest thread? I'm having some trouble setting up FAH after a reformat...
    edited July 2004
    Hey looks like PC Mag isnt producing much more than us anymore.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I added a Dual 2ghz G5 today :woowoo:, and a dual G4/450

The dual g5 will fold mostly at night, but at night, it will fold all night :) The dual G4 will be folding 24/7

w00t! Those G5s are FAST.
  • edited July 2004
    I've added about 18GHz this past week to the 22 or so GHz the farm is producing. I had my farm turned off while I was away for a week at school so I'll be back in the mix really soon. I finally got my transfer off of patrol after 6 years of being on the road. I'm now the equivalent of a junior IT guy at the department now. After lots of begging and being shot down on at least three occasions, I finally got the go-ahead to put folding in at computers around the department. I've been installing it like crazy. They aren't all full time folders but will add quite a bit of punch. If all goes to plan I'll be solidly in the top ten of producers in the short term and in the top five not long after that. Wooohoooo

KingFish
    edited July 2004
    Awesomenes!!!