There is no cause for alarm...

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited July 2004 in Hardware
The flushing sound you are hearing is simply the sound of $700 draining out of my checking account at approximately the speed of light. :-/
For what?

1x Leadtek GeForce 6800GT: $449
1x MSI Radeon 9800 Pro w/9800XT GPU & RAM: $208
Having two of the fastest graphics cards on the planet: Priceless.

There are certain things in life that money can't buy. For everything else, there's the Visa Check Card.

;D

So yeah, it's that time of the month again. I have teh upgrade bugs. Now I just need a couple of 2.66GHz Xeons and I'll be set until next month. :-/ I just wish ATACOM had the 6800GT in stock. I ordered it, they're getting the shipment later today. I'll pick it up today or tomorrow. I'm not sure I can wait that long. :bawling: :buck::D

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Do you actually play any games, or do you just buy them because they are the fastest? :D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    Don't bother me with details.

Ok, all right, so I don't play games as much as I used to. I don't have the time anymore. But now I have the horsepower to do it if I want to. It's like buying a $190,000 Mercedes SL65 AMG with 650hp and having the top speed limiter removed. Sure, a $25,000 C230 Sports Coupe would work just as well, but the C230 can't do 200mph+ either. Will you ever drive the SL that fast? Probably not. Is it nice to know you could if you wanted to? Damn right it is. :D
  • edited July 2004
    Go with the 2.4/533 Xeons instead, Geeky. They will give you a great shot at 200 fsb with you Asus board.
  • edited July 2004
    'Tis is upgrade time for me too. X800 Pro here I come. Also looking to pilfer ParagonCA for one of their enermax psu's.

KF
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    great Choice on the Leadtek they in My opinion are the best quality cards on earth
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    Oh well. Atacom said they were getting a shipment of the GTs; turns out their "shipment" was 3 cards. And they went to fill backorders. So, I'm going to cancel my order tomorrow (when I can get my order number off the memo pad at the office). In the meantime, I've just ordered the exact same things from Newegg. Rush order, they'll be shipped tomorrow, they'll get here on monday or (more likely) tuesday, as opposed to thursday or friday from Atacom.