Replacement Shuttle XPC Mobos?

FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Does anyone know where a guy might find a replacement motherboard for a Shuttle sn45?

I fried mine OCing it and I cant seem to find any place that sells replacements.

Any help would be apreaciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    RMA time
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited July 2004
    straight from shuttle, probably
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2004
    Ya know, I tried to RMA it. I filled out the form on their website and heard NOTHING from them. Which really ticks me off.

That fact alone causes me to lose a lot of respect for Shuttle as a buisness. I would not buy another, nor would I recommend anyone else do.

But I am willing to eat the cost of a new mobo because it is kind of my fault it fried, overclocking and messin with voltages.

I have weighed the pros and cons, and the best/cheapest option for me is to just buy a mobo for the shuttle, since I have all of the parts for a new pc. If I went with anothe brand I would have to get a case, heat sync, fan.

They have me by the nutz.

But I just wanted to rant about their RMA thing. Thanks for the reminder Geeky.
  • edited July 2004
    TheBaron wrote:
    straight from shuttle, probably

Right. I was just looking at their site the other day and they do sell mobo's for their XPC machines.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited July 2004
    And good luck finding anyone that carries them, mudd. :(

www.excaliberpc.com was the only place that I know of that did, and they stopped a number of months ago. Ask a local store if they can special order one for you.
  • edited July 2004
    If you think it will fit in your XPC, Shuttle has the FN41 Motherboard for $156. It's also an nf2 board, but I don't know what other differences between it and your SN45
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited July 2004
    Thanks for the suggestion mud, I called tech support and asked if any other boards would fit and they said only the sn45 board would work.

Its crazy, I had no idea these fricken boards were so hard to find. Not even ebay! :mean:

He also said he didnt know why my rma wasnt recieved and to file another one.

So I did.. I guess ill have to wait and see.

Thanks for the suggestions!