Do You Own Doom 3?

DOSMANDOSMAN Grand Rapids, MI
edited August 2004 in Gaming
There are plenty of people bragging. So I want to know, how many people have it and how many don't (like myself).

Comments

• Rot-KatzeRot-Katze Pensacola, Florida
    edited August 2004
    It could be the best game ever, but I'm too cheap for a 55 dollar price tag when gas/insurance is so expensive.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I have it. It's not the best game ever, but it's pretty cool. It's just half life with much better graphics.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I have it. It's not the best game ever, but it's pretty cool. It's just half life with much better graphics.
    ...and a physics engine like no other...
    edited August 2004
    Well actually I think Painkiller's physics engine is better. This is based on no scienctific scrutiny, just my opinion. I've played both games significantly, and I'd say that painkiller feels more realistic.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2004
    I own it. Went out and bought it last week. I don't really play FPSes, but I had to see this thing on the 6800GT. :D
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited August 2004
    i bought it I like it, I think it was worth the money I got it at work for $45
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    ...and a physics engine like no other...

There physics engine consists of ragdoll (old news) for players and rigid body simulations for some boxes that move around, that's a far cry from what will be accomplished with HL2. It is a good game, but I don't think it's the best ever. I was more things in the game were interactive (like if I shoot a control panel, I'd like to see some damage, not just a bullet hole in the middle of the screen and it continues to run.

*Edit*

Yes, I own it.
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited August 2004
    Well actually I think Painkiller's physics engine is better. This is based on no scienctific scrutiny, just my opinion. I've played both games significantly, and I'd say that painkiller feels more realistic.

Not to single out prime alone cause a lot of people say this. But why do you all care about realism, you are playing a game where you go around and shoot demons.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I've got it and I like it.
    edited August 2004
    I'm talking strictly about the physics. Obviously there's nothing realistic about either of the games as the correlate to real situations. I'm talking about how they "feel".

Long time no see, Slick :)
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    Solid game, overhyped, I like to shoot stuff. I don't have the time to give to gaming that I would like so 20-30 minute spirts of this game keep it, uh... fresh, unlike Ghoosdum's Brick, which was not fresh I am sure...
  • edited August 2004
    Change my vote to now owning it. Haven't loaded it yet though.

KF
    edited August 2004
    Votes changed to reflect Kingfish's request :)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    nope and i doubt i will ever play it
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    Why Gnome?
    edited August 2004
    Not into the whole slice and dice satanic stuff. I like Halo and all

Not to mention I only have so many pairs of underware to change into!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Ok, this is a pretty ignorant statement of me to make, maybe.. But wouldn't "Hero destroys Satan and Hell forever" be a christian's idea of the ideal?
    edited August 2004
    maybe but not for me