F@H question & news

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Question:
Do services start before someone logs on? The machines @ Habitat For Humanity are on a lot of the time, but people haven't always logged into them... Since I just installed Firedaemon and F@H as a service on all of them, the production should go up (dun know if anyone was closing it before, but no one that uses these machines, short of me, is computer literate enough to shut down firedaemon and/or the service) but I was wondering if it runs before anyone logs on...

Anyhow, news:

So yeah, I reinstalled F@H as a service on all their computers... I also installed it on the server... if the server doesn't cough up any hairballs in the next week because of it, that'll be one more computer folding under SVHFH, which brings their total to:
5x Athlon XP 1800+
P3-650
P3-600
Celeron-500

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    The service will not start until someone logs on, however, if they log in, and log off later, it will stay on. :/
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Services start with windows. So firedaemon will start FAH when its at the log in screen.

You can always ctrl+alt+del to check CPU% and running files unless its a 3.x system.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    yeah my services run before loggin