Aerocool HT-101 Help

MeunoukMeunouk Wales, UK
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Hi Guys,

Recently found this forum while doing some research on the Aerocool HT-101, which I have read reviews on and it seems very, very good for Air Cooling.

Currently I have a Volcano 9, and its time to get something better without going on to water cooling.

Basically, where is the cheapest place I can get one, and also, what fan (1 comes with it and is only 21db, which sounds nice) should I buy with it.

www.cpucitystore.co.uk I find good, but delivery is £7.16 (!) which I wouldnt mind paying but it seems too much considering im just getting an Aerocool HT-101, Artic Silver 5 and another fan.

Also, I would actually like to get some nice case fans. If anyone knows of any that would look good on my Silver Zorro Case, and what connectors they would use, I would much appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Comments

• MeunoukMeunouk Wales, UK
    edited August 2004
    ThermalRight SP-97 seems to get some good reviews, but not sure about the noise factor or cost

anyone clear this up for me thanks
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2004
    The SP-97 is the best socket a heatsink around, with the probable exception of the better "tower" style heatsinks (the Aerocool DP-102, HT-101, CoolerMaster Hyper 6, etc.) but it trails those by only a few degrees C at most, and it's far less dangerous.

Drop a system with a big tower heatsink in it and it's likely to break something. I've seen pictures of a DP-102 ripping a socket off a board that was dropped like 2".

So unless you absolutely have to have to have to have the best air cooling system on the market, go with the SP-97.
  • MeunoukMeunouk Wales, UK
    edited August 2004
    Wow

Sounds pretty harsh

I definately need the best, the Volcano 9 idles at about 45 - 49, and the fact I want to be able to push the chip higher and keep it lower means I need something better (and quieter) i dont have a massive budget either so for around £50 i can get some decent and quiet air cooling

Thermaltake Thunderblades look good and nice prices too
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited August 2004
    *cough* I sell the HT 101 and it's in stock *cough*

PM or MSN me