back 60mm delta 37cfm
back bottom pci slot fan 25cfm
what do you think
cool?
:rarr:

Comments

• JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2004
    hmmm 80mm 50cfm??? one word comes to mind.. HURRICANE. you might as well as leave the side off and put a table fan beside there.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2004
    I'm not sure what you're asking...

I can tell you that it's going to be loud though.
  • edited August 2004
    IMHO you've got one intake fan and 5 exhaust fans (including the PSU) which is a very imbalanced setup to say the least. You might try to get the intake and exhaust to be a bit more balanced and prevent the vacuum inside the case from pulling dirt and lint through your optical drives which is a pain in the neck.
  • edited August 2004
    :Rocker:
    how about this instead

:celebrate intake
    front 80x25 ys tech 48cfm[ fan cover obstructive]
    evercool hd bay cooler 17.8cfm
    window galaxy led @35cfm-53[variable]

exhaust
    ventiduct sunon 50cfm
    back 60mm delta 37cfm
    back bottom pci slot fan 25cfm

better placement ? :rant:
  • edited August 2004
    Yeah, that's a bit closer to a balanced system, some guys prefer to have more exhaust than intake CFM (negative pressure) but I personally like to keep it as balanced as I can and if it's going to be a bit imbalanced I'll shoot for higher intake cfm (positive pressure) to help stop it from sucking dust, grit and lint in every nook and cranny in the case. It makes cleanup less of a hassle when it comes time to blow the case out, the dust will form in the areas in a direct line from a fan because as the airflow turns the heavier dust will lose momentum and fall or stick to a surface.
    This is of course assuming you don't have 500cfm of airflow in the case. (gahhh)
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2004
    ack that picture... disturbs me... looks like i wont be looking here anymore. But i have to say that a top exhaust fan works well. Hot air goes up, so why stop it =D