Going on Sabbatical

DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
edited September 2004 in Folding@Home
I have been unemployed for 9 months now. The company I put in 21 yrs for, went "belly up". The state was suppose to pay for some training, so that I could get another job. After several months of fighting the state and Fed. goverments for money, I have fianlly gotten them to pay for schooling. But I will have no income (zero, nada, nothing).
A friend has offered me a small attic bedroom, rent free, while I am in school. So, 99% of my stuff is going into storage. Part of that will be my Folding computers.
So, on or about the first of Oct., I will stop Folding. But once I am thru school, and have become employed, I will be back.
See you all in a few...
Dragstk

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Sorry to hear that Dragstk, I hope things get better from here. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted on how you're doing from time to time. :(
  • edited September 2004
    Sorry to hear of the way things have worked out for you man, and we fully understand the reasons you are having to shelve the folding project for now. Don't be a stranger though and come and visit. :)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Sorry to hear about your hard times. I'm optimistic for; but I know it has to be frustrating in the short term. It was good of you to let the team know your status.

Good luck! :thumbup
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2004
    Life comes first man! best wishes for you man!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Dude, you rock. You are doing a noble thing.

Thanks for letting us know. Don't be a stranger to the forums!
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Be well, take care o yerself. Cya soon.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited September 2004
    Best of luck Dragstk, As they say, when one door shuts another one opens.
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    I'm sure someone would host the PC's for ya.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited September 2004
    Good luck Dragstk.
    Hope it all works out. (sounds like your already on the way. :thumbsup: )
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited September 2004
    Hang in there dragstk. Sorry to hear what was happened to you. Take care and like everyone has said already.....don't be a stranger.

Wishing good things for you.

Jon & Sally
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    I like the thread title dragstk, attitude is 90% of the challange and you have that.
    Ask around the forum, I am sure that some one here has contacts in your area.
    Keep in touch (well, not actuall touch, but you know what I mean).
  • edited September 2004
    are you asking him to be in mantouch ed? hehe j/k :)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Dragstk wrote:
    I have been unemployed for 9 months now. The company I put in 21 yrs for, went "belly up". The state was suppose to pay for some training, so that I could get another job. After several months of fighting the state and Fed. goverments for money, I have fianlly gotten them to pay for schooling. But I will have no income (zero, nada, nothing).
    A friend has offered me a small attic bedroom, rent free, while I am in school. So, 99% of my stuff is going into storage. Part of that will be my Folding computers.
    So, on or about the first of Oct., I will stop Folding. But once I am thru school, and have become employed, I will be back.
    See you all in a few...
    Dragstk
    You have applied for the Pell Grant correct?
    They do pay even though you are already under the dislocated workers progam. If you haven't applied you really do owe it to yourself.
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited September 2004
    yes,csimon, I applied for a Pell Grant. And was turned down. The only reason was that "I was not eligiable" HUH? :wtf:
    Thanks for all the good wishes. I have really enjoyed this site so I will be back, even if it involves a little mantouching ;D
    :smokin: Fold on, my friends

Dragstk