Insane Deals!!!!!!!!

Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
edited August 2003 in Trading Post
Fry's has a deal going now- a retail 1800+ and an ECS K7S5A Pro board combo for $59. I bought 2 today (one for a friend who couldn't get over there, one for me when I saw the stepping on his CPU... I actually was gonna swap CPUs with him, but mine has the same stepping). I may pick up 2 more tomorrow... I don't really care about the boards (I'll probably sell them anyhow) but both CPUs have the following stepping code:

AXDA1800DLT3C
JIUHB0321XPMW

Since 2/2 of the ones I picked up have it, I assume they got a shipment of that particular stepping. The morons don't even realize what they have on their hands. As I said, I may buy a few more simply to have on hand should I build another dually system. And, this combo is $2 more than JUST THE RETAIL 1800 @ newegg...

they also have the regular K7S5A board for $19... It's very tempting to buy 5, 6, 7, or even 10 & get them folding... except I don't have room for 13 computers in my room, and for some reason my parents won't let me put a rack in the linen closet, even though I explained how important Folding is... :scratch:

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited August 2003
    O M F G !

Anyone know of the closest Fry's to the CDN border in Washington? :D
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited August 2003
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited August 2003
    That is thing I hate about the people in the States. You get all the good deals! :mad2:
    ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$19USD for K7S5A is insane! The cheapest price I can find that board here is $57. Why can't we Canadians have stores like Fry's up here :grumble: .
    edited August 2003
    MCWC.. did I tell you I got a BBA 9700 Pro for $231? Just arrived yesterday (8/1)... haven't had a chance to install it yet... :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    How long is this deal for?
    edited August 2003
    which one? The K7S5A non-pro is not on sale; $20 is their regular price. The K7S5A Pro/1800 combo is good through something like tuesday...

The 9700 Pro I bought refurbed from Newegg.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Fry's does have a website sales arm, called http://www.outpost.com/ That web sales arm will ship Internationally, and that includes Canada.

International Shipping Methods
    Through Airborne International or DHL, we quickly ship international orders just about anywhere in the world for very reasonable rates. ...

They ship via Airbone Express and DHL.

*For shipments to Canada only: Shipments up to 70 pounds will be delivered door to door. Shipments 70 pounds and over will be door to Airport and the customer will have to arrange pick up. Airborne will deliver over weight items door to door for an extra fee. Customers must contact Airborne directly to arrange for door-to-door delivery.

Since the web site shows no stores North of California, it might cost more to travel there than to ship unless a bunch of you got together and drove down and shopped and had a holiday trip.
    edited August 2003
    Fry's works with Outpost, but a lot of their specials are in-store only, including this one.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    True, but Outpost has its own. So one way is to watch there if you are Canadian. I have seen Outpost put stuff on that Fry's does not have on sale also. And buying can be and is pooled where a super good deal can be had, for volume. I would watch Outpost's promos for similar offerings if not the exact same if I were out of the US and wanted to tap into that buying power's price advantage. This barebones is not bad, either:

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3625685
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited August 2003
    Geeky, I've read about the deal on your Radeon. What a price.

I prefer to shop for my computer parts locally. No credit card, no online shopping :(. It'll be a long time before I'll get a credit card. Too bad Newegg doesn't ship to Canada.

//edit: For that 1800+ and mobo deal at Fry's, even with the USD to CDN exchange differences, I could have built a new comp for my bro for a much lower price and I can have another folding machine.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Geeky: Any word?
    edited August 2003
    No, unfortunately. I haven't had time to go anywhere because summer school finals are tomorrow and if I don't get at least a "B" on my trig exam, I'm not going to pass the class, and the teacher is a SOB who takes off ~75% for things like oh, missing a "-" sign... I'll check on Friday tho...
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2003
    Call up a frys in California, I forgot which one, but they will ship to any state in the u.s.a I called one to find out, but that was about 2 months ago, I'm sure they still do it also.
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited August 2003
    qparadox said
    O M F G !

Anyone know of the closest Fry's to the CDN border in Washington? :D

There is a fry's in seattle :) It might not be open yet but it should be very soon, they might still be building it but i remeber it was supposed to open at the end of July.

I'll see if i can find the address, i want it too.

*edit* heres the article, it should be open by now... http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/134930115_frys07.html

*edit2*seems it is going a lot slower then expected, they are still working on it and have no "now hiring" signs up to indicate that it would be opening soon. Probably a few more months :( Its about a 30 minute drive from my house to there.