Web Hosting Software

BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
edited November 2004 in Internet & Media
Okay, here's a fun one for you. Does anyone have any recommendations for automated web hosting software. I'm not talking about Apache, but some of these nice web interfaces that allow a user to log in and edit e-mail account and the like for their domain. The software manages multiple accounts. I'm just toying around with the idea of doing something like this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    Most of those control panels will cost money. The most popular is probably cPanel. If you find a free one, let me know.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2004
    There's also plesk. They are both expensive packages.
  • edited November 2004
    i built my own. perhaps i can share some code. the killer is the MTA install, but it's not so bad if you follow the manual precisely. it's a neat little web front end for php/qmail/apache2/mysql vhosting. uses qmail for an mta with mysql for authentication, and has a button that can reboot the machine if need be. not as fancy as cpanel or plesk, and it's not beautiful but it works. it sets up dns (bind9) for a domain when entered, makes an apache include file, and you can optionally turn email on/off for that domain. all automated. i have over 300 real working domains on this system. PM me for details.