Overclcoking with cheap motherboard?

fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
edited November 2004 in Hardware
Im buying this Motherboard simply because its only $5 after shipping and rebates. http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=13-139-147&DEPA=0
I was wondering if I can expect any overclocking from this at all.

Comments

• GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited November 2004
    You can overclock an any motherboard.You just cant change the multiplyer.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited November 2004
    That's not *quite* true... there are plenty of boards out there that don't let you overclock anything at all; no FSB or multiplier adjustments, no vcore adjustment, no nothing.
    edited November 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    That's not *quite* true... there are plenty of boards out there that don't let you overclock anything at all; no FSB or multiplier adjustments, no vcore adjustment, no nothing.
    Ive only seen them not have voltage adjustments.And that was on a pc chips (worste brand ever) board.
    edited November 2004
    Tyan, Supermicro, and Intel boards, to name 3, almost never have any overclocking options at all.
  • fudgamfudgam Upstate New York
    edited November 2004
    I guess Im waiting for a cheap 478 proc. Im in no hurry. When I see a great deal, Ill grab one.
    edited November 2004
    Geeky1 wrote:
    Tyan, Supermicro, and Intel boards, to name 3, almost never have any overclocking options at all.

Intel boards dont count there not cheep. :p
    edited November 2004
    you said nothing about cost; you said that "you can overclock an any motherboard". Nowhere did you mention price. :Pwned:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    All cars are slow..

Except for Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, McLaren, Shelby, Saleen and a few others. But they don't count, because they're not cheap.

:p
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    WARNING!!!

There must be a reason Soyo is no longer producing new mobos. They went from a large OEM mfgr to making shoddy enthusiast componants to none is just 3 years.