Just Started Tonight

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
Will have 3 machines going 24/7:

P4 2.8 @ ?? (varies, @ default right now) on Gigabyte 8INXP 512MB RAM

2100+ @ ?? (varies, 2000MHz +) on Abit NF7-S 512MB RAM

1700+ @ ?? (varies, usually 1743MHz, it's an A core) on MSI K7N2-L, 256 MB RAM until my next upgrade

The first 2 are up and running, the third will be when I find time tomorrow. I may also get the wife's 1400 TBird going, but not until I resolve a couple of wireless networking gremlins.

Also have a couple of friends who are not particularly enthusiasts but were with me on the overclockersclubcanada team, I will drag them, kicking and screaming, onto this team with me :nudge:

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    All I can say is

Welcome to the team :thumbsup:

:celebrate
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    w00t always glad to have new members on the team.

OH noes, not more Canadians. They are taking over this joint.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Oh ya,
    The only thing that I like better than new members is new members with multiple computers.
    WTF keto.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    Glad you joined - this is a great team to be on.

With those rigs Folding, it looks to be even better. Welcome to Team 93! :respect::fold:
  • tychotycho Santa Barbara, California!
    edited August 2003
    Wow! glad to have you with us keto!

Yeah definitly get those friends folding as well... the more the merrier!
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    WTF=way to fold...
    and keto.... it seems that me and u might have a donny brook soon enuf.... *raises one eyebrow*
    and dont forget..with hyperthreaded cpus....u need two console versions of F@H running...just changed the advanced options and put one console as cpu id:1 and the other 2....also keep them in seperate directories
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Unfortunately, it's a P4B 533, no HT :mad: ....yet (he said, eyeing mrs keto's wallet, which lies beside her, her who see's me looking at the wallet and draws back her lips in an evil, wolfish snarl, reading my mind and recognizing the 'upgrade fever' glint in my eyes for what it is, keto thinking all the time "I can run faster scared than you can mad");D

Yes, I guessed at the WTF, but thanQ for clarifying :D

Canada secretly Pwnz the world, notice you never see a picture of dubya's back, that's so you don't see Chretien back there with his arm stuck up GWJ's (edited so new member doesn't get tossed on first day), controlling him like the puppetmaster he is. (ends topic hopefully before treading on dangerous ground and hopefull it's recognized in the spirit it was written:p )

Thanx for the welcomes, folks :cool:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    keto said
    ...Yes, I guessed at the WTF, but thanQ for clarifying :D ...
    ;D The first milestone I reached, I saw all the "WTF's" and thought I must have done something dumb. ;D
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited August 2003
    Welcome to the team!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    it's a P4B 533, no HT

If you do eventually upgrade to Hyperthreading, full dual channel, then you can run two instances of Folding - one .exe on CPU 0, and the other on CPU 1 (physical and virtual CPUs).

Thanks for joining the Team. You will have fun.:cool:
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Welcome to the fold keto and thanks for donating to the cause.

BTW - MM has eluded this Team for over 2 years now, any chance you could give him some arm twisting for us? :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Yeah he said he would help the team out some awhile ago. He did give us some parts tho.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Welcome to the team, keto! :vimp:
  • JakeJake Alec Baldwin's Chest Hair
    edited August 2003
    keto said
    Canada secretly Pwnz the world, notice you never see a picture of dubya's back, that's so you don't see Chretien back there with his arm stuck up GWJ's (edited so new member doesn't get tossed on first day), controlling him like the puppetmaster he is. (ends topic hopefully before treading on dangerous ground and hopefull it's recognized in the spirit it was written:p )

I sense a kindred spirit. Go forth and spread the 'Dubya' disrespect, brother. :thumbsup: