My PC as it's evolved...

edited November 2004 in Hardware
I just thought I'd post the latest stage in the evolution of my PC from Exos days to as it is currently.

Newfront-2.jpg
Here it is with the Exos prior to the new WC setup from the front

LitSide-2.jpg
That's the EXos setup from the side lit.

Mattpcpic4-2.jpg
That's the new setup from the front, note the radiator on the outside of the top.

Mattpcpic3-2.jpg
That's what it looks like sans the flash, note the glow in the reservoir from the CCFL's inside.

Mattpcpic101-2.jpg
There's a quartering away shot from the front with the flash.

Mattpcpic2-2.jpg
That's the side lit up without the flash, note that the wiring is cleaned up from the first pic although there's a lot more hosing running around in there.

Mattpcpic-2.jpg
And finally here's a shot of the PC quartering away without the flash.
I just wanted to show my first endevor into integrated watercooling. What you can't see is that I managed to shoehorn the plenum for the rad and the 120x38mm fan inside the case with the fan in between the res and the PSU, I wanted to fit the rad under the case top rather than outside it but there's no real way outside of using a smaller rad (BlackIce Extreme 120) to make it fit and since that'd mean A; more money and B; lesser cooling I went with the rad I already had in the setup I bought from citrixmeta.
Pretty soon I'm going to be putting all this into a new case, a Lian Li 6070 silent case and I'm planing to put my hdd's in the floppy bays and pull the hdd bay completely out and relocate the rad down to the space vacated by the cage and you'll notice that I used elbows rather than make sharp bends due to having pretty crappy tubing (sorry citrix but it's not that great) that tends to kink in sharp bends. I'm changing that out to thicker wall tubing that is very resistant to kinking so I'll lose the restriction in the lines for better flow.
Aside from that I'll also get better cooling thanks to having the cool air from the front fans blowing directly into the rad rather than heated air from inside the case and not having to have the pump push the water all the way to the top of the case.
I'm also going to replace the pump with one of those Quiet One 1200's that should give me about 2GPM flow through the system rather than >1GPM which is about all the ViaAqua is capable of not to mention the ViaAqua is messed up, it's creating such strong magnetic fields that I can't place tower near the monitor because it makes the monitor shimmy. A friend of mine has the same pump in his lan rig and it doesn't have that problem.

Comments

• Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited November 2004
    ONE WORD.....

DROOL

;D
    Oh that is sweet.........
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited November 2004
    I recognize that Exos, its sitting right next to me! :D
    my first endeavour into integrated cooling is going to be after I grab a whole new case and a whole new setup, probably in the next 6 months. ought to be fun :D
  • edited November 2004
    Thanks, I usually get hammered because the case started out as a premod. I picked it because I liked the window style and the beveled edges are really sweet. I also like the toolless drive bays as well, there's not one screw holding in the floppy, the reservoir or the optical drives...makes topping the system off a breeze (although the floppy doesn't matter there, it's just nice to not to have to screw it down) and I like the rubber grommets on the hdd's as well, makes 'em really quiet.
  • Access_DeniedAccess_Denied tennessee
    edited November 2004
    thats sweet madmat :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Thanks for your pictures. You know this crowd is always happy to view someone's snappy machine. Nice work. :cool:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited November 2004
    Looks good Mat. :thumbsup:

Nothing like posts with pic's. :)
  • Cygnus_x_1Cygnus_x_1 New Jersey
    edited November 2004
    nice job.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

and i happy to see that you will be replacing the 90 degree elbows. just run tothe local hardware store as they 'should' have 'clearflex' grade tubing (1/2" ID w/ 5/16" wall) and its a hell of alot cheaper than buying online. as far as pumps, i started w/ the eheims (1250's), then moved to the hydors (l30) as they have great head flow (heheh) and they are super small and really quiet.

also, did you try mounting the fan ontop of the rad (outside the case) with it pulling air out? depending on your other fans inside the case, you may see a slight decrease in temps with the 120 pulling the air thru the rad and out of the case.

ill try to dig up some pics of my older setups. i went from air to water to pelts, and now im back on air... :bawling:

but ill be back soon as i am planning to write a nice little h20 guide for s-m... :D
  • edited November 2004
    The fan's pushing the air through the rad, I didn't want the fan, plenum and rad outside the case because it's just too much to look at IMHO. The pump I'm talking about getting pushes 200GPM at 4' head which is far and away better than the Eheim or the Hydor and it's still pretty compact at just 4" long by 2.75" wide and 3.25" tall, actually quite a bit smaller than the 1250 Eheim is and at $20.99 it's way cheaper.
    It can be found here (http://www.aquariumguys.com/rainbow3.html) at that price.
    Thanks for the praise guys, I've spent a lot of time on it and more money than I care to mention but it's been worth it. :thumbsup:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited November 2004
    Looks good Mat!