free web hosting

edited December 2004 in Internet & Media
I am looking for a free web hosting service with no banner and a lot of space. I have been searching on google for a long time and can not find one that i really like. Does anyone know of a good site for web hosting?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    You don't get something for nothing. I doubt you'll be able to find totally free webspace without a banner and "a lot of space" --- I mean jeez, what do you expect? Hosting costs a lot of money and they have to pay for all that bandwidth somehow..... :confused:
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    let me know when you find one, this host I got now is a real pain
    edited December 2004
    Yeah, my webhost sucks ass too.. I can't wait to find a new one.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    rotf! ;D WHat a coincidence! Mine sucks too, I mean really who do these money grubbers think they are!? ;D
  • edited December 2004
    well is there a site that has at least 50 mb of space that i can use for free?
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2004
  • FreemymelodyFreemymelody On Earth
    edited December 2004
    :D I hosted my site on Geocities, they don't give you that much space. Anyways, I also got a free subdomain from ShortURL. ShortURL.com don't have no anoying ads, and banners. The only page I have on my site that has banners is my Geocities GuestBook. (it was created by Geocities) except the part where it has my message board and ShortURL.com link, that part I build in Dreamweaver. The rest is all in Flash.

I tried the www.50megs.com I got an error signing up for that. :rolleyes:
  • edited December 2004
    i signed up for 50megs.com and it works great. I tried Geocities, but i did not like it that much.

P.S. Black Hawk i like your icon thing lol..... ;D ....... ;D.....lol
  • EnverexEnverex
    has a lot of space (160GB) for free with multiple domains and full control over sub-domains :thumbsup:

/me also hosts ...
    Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    has a lot of space (160GB) for free with multiple domains and full control over sub-domains :thumbsup:

/me also hosts it himself on his crappy home line

Hey, it works doesn't it? :rolleyes2
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited December 2004
    http://mykuhl.de/dhost/

- 100MB Webspace
    - 300GB Traffic
    - FTP
    - PHP + MySQL
    - no ads!
    - absolutely free!

Do not know anything about them but seems a good deal for free...

This is a good site for hosting info.. Prime you may like this one:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/
  • edited December 2004
    * Enverex has a lot of space (160GB) for free with multiple domains and full control over sub-domains

how do i sign up for that Enverex?
    edited December 2004
    Enverex wrote:
    also hosts it himself on his crappy home line

:D
    edited December 2004
    I hosted my site on Tripod once, I got booted off for adding links, mp3's and a loading signal. My mp3's where actually made by me...there was no copyright! What so ever.
    Boy was I ever piss.

I'm just stuck to Geocities....sighs :rolleyes:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    I got 1&1.com hosting for a year cause they were giving it free when they started. Hasn't let me down.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    :D

Works well enough though :)
    edited December 2004
    Not making fun, mate... I was quoting what you said because somebody asked where you had your stuff hosted and I just reminded them that you had just stated you hosted it at home :)
  • SquillSquill Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2004
    Black Hawk wrote:
    I got 1&1.com hosting for a year cause they were giving it free when they started. Hasn't let me down.

Yeah I signed up with them. $5.99/month for 1000mb of space, 1 domain, and like 20 subdomains I think. 25gig Bandwidth. Not a bad price. Have to pay 6 months in advanced but it still only comes out to like $36 for half a year.
  • edited December 2004
    http://phpwebhosting.com/

the give you some room, mysql db access and php. for what i've seen you post here, this might be the best answer. i know it's not free, but it's a good deal and you can do a lot with it. a server, maintained by someone else with php and mysql? for $9.95? not bad at all. i've got quite a few accounts with them, no major problems at all.
    edited December 2004
    Hey! Now DAMN that's a competitor! :rarr:

They offer exactly the same thing that we offer, but for 5 cents less...

I might have to drop my rates to $9.75 a month to compete :D

A worthy opponent to be sure. One thing we offer right off the bat is 1gb of space as opposed to their 225. We also have "call us, talk to us directly" support. I wonder what their support system is like.

Thanks for the link, lightnin :D
  • edited December 2004
    actually they (phpwebhosting) don't ahve a support phone line that i know of. when you get an account you have access to a fairly cheesy control panel that you can submit trouble tickets through. i only used it once, to get them to make me some custom .qmail files that they somehow managed to butcher anyway.
    edited December 2004
    Ha HA! Well, ask any of our customers, I'm very proud of our customer service. We are very accessible and we make sure to get things done right away :)
  • edited December 2004
    hey prime, could you check your PM? i got a question for you
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Ha HA! Well, ask any of our customers, I'm very proud of our customer service. We are very accessible and we make sure to get things done right away :)

dude you use teh Sarc, it is teh bestet :D
    edited December 2004
    I hosted my Fan Site @ a site a month ago, I completely forgot what the name was. But anyways it was $5.00 or less a month.

oh wait I remember now, 0catch.com.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited December 2004
    All I can suggest is possibly hold out to see if 1AND1.com will offer any major deals on webspace.

I jumped at the "Professional Package" promotion they had running last December, a FREE 36-month hosting plan from them and haven't been let down yet (and I just rolled the 12th month this December).

I just pay $5.99 USD a year to keep my domain parked/enabled and 1AND1 takes care of the rest.

Linux Hosting, 2 GB Storage, 40 GB Transfer, Unlimited FTP, Unlimited Connections to Website, Firewalled, 1000 E-Mail Accounts (Unlimited Aliases & Auto-Responders with WebMail access), 600 Sub-Domains, Virus Scan, Cron Job Support, WAP/PHP/Perl/Python/MySQL/SSL/SSH/CGI support, FP2002 Extensions, NetObjects Fusion 7 Extensions, 99.9% uptime & 24/7 customer support through a 1-800 number. Very tough to beat.

1AND1 offers these promotions every once in a while, so keep your eyes peeled. :)
  • edited December 2004
    Does anyone know of any more hosts that are free with no banner? :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Does anyone know of any more hosts that are free with no banner? :D
    There is no such thing. Nothing is free anymore
  • edited December 2004
    does anyone know of any host that has no banner?
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    To be selfish.... I hope Prime doesn't get tooo big, I do like being able to just talk to him about anything I may need to about the hosting. Them big companies have to use computerized answering machines becuase they don't cost as much as a real person.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited December 2004
    Enverex wrote:
    /me has a lot of space (160GB) for free with multiple domains and full control over sub-domains :thumbsup:

/me also hosts it himself on his crappy home line

Hey, it works doesn't it? :rolleyes2
    rofl thats what im goina be doing soon lol