We're working on it :)

2»

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Let's see how your idea works.

EDIT:/// Yeah, works now, about 15 min post-stamped as opposed to entry time, then it started posting immediately (this earlier post got time stamped and posted AFTER my earlier post elsewhere) . It was in a shorter and more concise thread.

LOAD related??? DNS and firewalls having to cope with virals and other malware, in part, would be my guess. You might look at thread length relevant to lags if still issues in a few days.

Kudos to the team here and to our honorable host's security and system integrity handling. VERY WELL done, search even started working very well just befor the blackout also-- I was able to find threads that I had posted in by thread subject lookup with partial keyword searching. Kudos to database team also.
    :respect::respect:;):D:thumbsup::thumbsup: ( Closest I could find to a TWO THUMBS UP icon, two left thumbs... :cool: )
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Wait for the page to load 38%, go somewhere else, and within 45 minutes your post is up.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Replied in edited post above, Thrax.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Stick with it, we will be up to full speed soon (I hope :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: )
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I think there was a problem with the mailer. There were a million emails waiting to be sent out, and I also corrected a minor discrepency in the hosts file on the short-media webserver. Perhaps things will be working now :) it never ends! :rolleyes:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I think that fixed it. I just got 156 emails that have been waiting since before the outage.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Aw darn, MM went and deleted his double post about double posting. Cheater... :p
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    This thread could be cut in half if the doulbe/triple posts would be deleted.;)