The fate of IC.com

Comments

• aZnWankstaaZnWanksta Baton Rouge
    edited June 2003
    Yes, as in why the hell tex and citrix were bidding against each other... oh wait, I see the light!! The snipe program couldn't be canceled, therefore, Tex and citrix ended up bidding against each other. wow... sux to lose 700 bucks like that...

aW
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    So how do you explain Laval, Quebec? Or is that where Cytrix lives?

Back into the frying pan. :)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I guess they got bit in the ass by trying to use auctionstealer.com... They were sniping against each other before they were "in" together and the thing shot up over $1000 in 5 seconds. Mortin is one lucky dude. He just got $2225.77 for having his site hacked.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    Blackhawk is right, I just didn't want to be the one to spill the beans for anyone, got to love insider news eh? So don't worry, icrontic.com is not going to become some pr0n site or anything.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Thank god for that. That would have been a shame.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Guessing: Tex was bidding for Citrix, then They thought it would just be easier for Citrix to just bid for it himself.

But then at the end as Tex wasnt the highest bidder the Snipe site kicked in.

NS
    edited June 2003
    Yes, I think that's it, or they were both sniping...

aW
    edited June 2003
    If the Snipe software was more effective and it rose to like $12000 now THAT would have been funny.

NS
    edited June 2003
    krazybaloo( 23) $2,225.77 Jun-04-03 12:15:18 PDT
    just_tex666( 25) $2,200.77 Jun-04-03 12:16:57 PDT
    krazybaloo( 23) $1,800.00 Jun-04-03 06:15:16 PDT
    just_tex666( 25) $1,500.00 May-28-03 19:02:22 PDT

Tex is just_tex666, Citrix is krazybaloo. They had to know that it was each other. Why didn't Tex just not bid? They knew that auctionstealer.com was active.

If it were me....I'd formally complain to AuctionStealer.com to refund their bid prices (the difference).

I'm very afraid to phone Tex now.

EDIT:

oops...just read post back one page explaining it all.
    edited June 2003
    AS.com is currently down which is why neither of them could turn it off.

NS
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ummmm....

OOPS
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    Its probably gonna become some french canadian moose lovers (not the sexual lovin) site. Full dedication to the welfare and discussion of mooses. :aol::nudge:

tek

All gramatical and puncual errors are intentional....
    edited June 2003
    Actually... no
    edited June 2003
    TekGamer said
    Its probably gonna become some french canadian moose lovers (not the sexual lovin) site. Full dedication to the welfare and discussion of mooses. :aol::nudge:

We already know it was Citrix who won.

NS
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited June 2003
    I doubt that anyone in the forums was from Quebec. If that's true, its too bad that Icrontic is going to be something totally differnet.
    edited June 2003
    Danball:

read the whole thread dude... Krazybaloo is CitrixMeta, who IS from Quebec, and who WAS a very active member of the forums.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    danball1976 said
    I doubt that anyone in the forums was from Quebec. If that's true, its too bad that Icrontic is going to be something totally differnet.

way to not read the entire thread b4 posting

edit:
    lol...beaten to it
    edited June 2003
    Sorry, I hate it when I don't notice that there is more than one page in a thread until after I post.

Now that I know who krazybaloo is, its all cool.

I think mortin is pretty happy (I guess) that he got that much money. Now he can pay some extra bills.
    edited June 2003
    GJ man!!
    heh, j/k good to see you made it

aW
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    danball1976 said
    I think mortin is pretty happy (I guess) that he got that much money. Now he can pay some extra bills.
    Or dissapointed cause he got less than what he expected.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    ya see prime, I told you it would fetch upwards of 2 Gs, even if by accident.
    edited June 2003
    Blackhawk said
    danball1976 said

That could be true too.
  • diabx0rdiabx0r The 7th layer of friggin' hell (Bastrop, TX)
    edited June 2003
    Blackhawk said
    danball1976 said

Honestly... he got nothing compared to what he could have gotten if he would have ran his site worth a damn... But he didn't and he won't.

I think Mortin is a good guy... but he threw away something that could have been much larger in the future if more effort would have been put in on his part. Meh... either way.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Despite the fact that some of us disagree with Mortin's decision, at least it worked out for the best... if someone other than Tex and CitrixMeta had won icrontic, I shudder to think of the possible outcome!
    edited June 2003
    kanezfan said
    ya see prime, I told you it would fetch upwards of 2 Gs, even if by accident.

yeah yeah, you were right.... :mad:
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    NightShade737 said
    TekGamer said

We already know it was Citrix who won.

NS

easy killer i was just making a joke.. :D:nudge:
    edited June 2003
    As a Canadian I can say that most of us do not have relations with Moose or Moose as relations. I am, however, on pretty good terms with the beaver.

I'm going to stop before I cross too many lines and have to ban myself. rofl.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    A whole new meaning to "Spanking the beaver."
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Hey MM, can we still call you MM even though you don't capitalize the second "m" any more?

BTW, niiiiiice... I definitely enjoy a little beaver myself.