The fate of IC.com

13»

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    GHoosdum said
    Hey MM, can we still call you MM even though you don't capitalize the second "m" any more?

:eek: MM, that must be corrected! My traditionalist side will not stand for it! :p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Watch it MM, you're treading on thin ice, eh? You'll get banned, eh?
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I already see a bad trend here and that is going to stop.

DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT point out and reply if someone makes a post about something that have been written before or that someone might not have looked through the whole thread.

Is that so hard to understand?

Mac
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    Hey Hey Mm.;) I am still mm tho.
  • MERRICKMERRICK In the studio or on a stage
    edited June 2003
    Pre Post Post:
    I don't know 1/2 the S**t that goes on here. For instance I don't know what a folding team is (but I do know what a babe thread is :D ) I had to once ask what LOL meant. but I've also saved a few people from losing sleep too. I don't overclock but I do post in such a way that allows me to get razzed by some of you guys (this is a case in point).

Okay now please speak v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-ly to me because Iz needs it that way.

Why did an ex Icrontian buy Icrontic.com if they knew this site was going to happen? Is this a case of the stock splitting or is it going to be a family feud? What would be the differences between the two sites? I liked amdmb.com and I'll probably make it my second site. But am I looking at another site to join? :banghead:
  • AranyicAranyic Casstown, OH Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    It's was bought to restore Icrontic to her former glory (yes it's a her ;) spudz was a bit off). There is no feud, the plan is for these sites to support each other and help each other along.
    edited June 2003
    Is this an opinion or are you from the new Icrontic? If it's an opinion, anyone else care to chime in? If you are from the new Icrontic, can you tell me if there will be a difference to this site?

I am only curious.
    edited June 2003
    It's complicated and simple, touchy and yet not... all at the same time :)

The Icrontic staff decided to start a new site under their own ownership. Icrontic was bid on by them to be used as a redirect to here.

Citrixmeta and Tex have a different vision for Icrontic than what we had there and have decided to start their own idea of what Icrontic should become. They also may not have wanted to see Icrontic reduced to a redirect perhaps.

Aranyic is currently busting his arse writing code for the new Icrontic.
    edited June 2003
    Thanks for the insight.

Remember I have been away from Icrontic for about 18 months before I came back for the last 2.

To me it looks more touchy than complicated. And more simple than touchy.

I have a better idea now.

You may all now beat me sensless :aol:
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited June 2003
    GHoosdum said
    Hey MM, can we still call you MM even though you don't capitalize the second "m" any more?

Oh fer gawd's sake. lol

Old habits die hard. I don't know how many times I've gone looking down at the bottom of the page for PMs. lol
    edited June 2003
    teh w00tness! It's really sad, but the 'M' made my life better now :p
  • diabx0rdiabx0r The 7th layer of friggin' hell (Bastrop, TX)
    edited June 2003
    General Keebler said

That was so well said it's almost scary...
    :birthday: :nudge:
  • TekGamerTekGamer Earth
    edited June 2003
    diabx0r said
    General Keebler said

That was so well said it's almost scary...
    :birthday: :nudge:

Is keebs a philosophy General?
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Prime: Can you change your name to PrimeSuspect as opposed to primesuspect? It just looks a bit neater, need to keep neat, yes..... neat :rolleyes:

NS
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Chill out, NS.
    edited June 2003
    And you should have a capital "H" and maybe an "-" either side to add some extra effect.

NS
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    NightShade737 said
    Prime: Can you change your name to PrimeSuspect as opposed to primesuspect? It just looks a bit neater, need to keep neat, yes..... neat :rolleyes:

NS

For some reason I'm one of those dorks who thinks that all lowercase is cool. Like, somehow it's trendy and unique.

for example, the name of my company:

sarcnet industries, inc.

I never capitalize it. I don't know why. Maybe I have an aversion to caps because back in my BBS days it was far more COMMON TO SEE PEOPLE TYPING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. I GUESS SOME 8-BIT COMPUTERS DIDN'T EVEN SUPPORT LOWERCASE LETTERS, SO IN MY FORMATIVE YEARS I LEARNED TO GET SICK AT THE SIGHT OF CAPITAL LETTERS.

AT LEAST THIS FONT LOOKS BETTER IN ALL CAPS THAN THE OLD COMPUTER FONTS USED TO.

THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION, NIGHTSHADE, I'LL BE SURE TO CONSIDER IT.
    edited June 2003
    Just makes it easier to read, that all.

NS