SMx Parts, etc.

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited August 2003 in Folding@Home
I have some questions...

How much money is currently in the X fund?

What parts do we currently have in "stock" for machines?

Is it more convenient to donate funds or pieces?

Let's get 19 and 20 under our belts :)

Comments

• edited August 2003
    $181 in the fund. Parts are best but the fund helps out with shipping costs if they get extreme and allows those without parts to still contribute.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Let's see...

I know that we have..

Video Cards
    Hard Drives
    HSFs
    Case Fans
    PSU
    CPUs
    PC133
    PC2100 (I think, Sev?)

There is a ComputerFest next weekend I could pick something up if need be. There are some cheap HDDs and vid cards. I picked up 2 of each last year and they are in machines now.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I've got 2 HDs, 5 NICs, and several heat sinks and fans of various sizes. If anyone decides to rackmount an SMx machine, I've got a heatsink that fits in a 1U enclosure.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    So better question: what do we need to get the next few machines moving? Just memory and cases?
    edited August 2003
    Motherboards.
    Maybe memory.
  • edited August 2003
    those two 128mb pc2100 went to sm15 and sm17.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I've got a stick of PC2700 left over from a scrapped PC.
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited August 2003
    I got some slot1 on mobo:D, I think I could come up with some parts if you guys need something. I have some fans, might have some ram, I have a crap load of nic's (and about 400ft network cable). Let me know, Adam
    edited August 2003
    OK motherboard and I might have a case In my closet. Not sure if its ATX or AT. Not sure if I am going home this weekend or not.
    edited August 2003
    OH yeah I am going to computerfest this weekend, I could prolly pick up some cheap cases from there. Even some dented ones would work. I almost bought one last year but it was ALL out of whack. I might just pick up several.
    edited August 2003
    mmonnin said
    OH yeah I am going to computerfest this weekend, I could prolly pick up some cheap cases from there. Even some dented ones would work. I almost bought one last year but it was ALL out of whack. I might just pick up several.
    That sounds like a good idea. Going to use some of the cash from the account? I can increase the amount in there a bit if you want.
    edited August 2003
    I didnt plan on it. I was going to use my own money and buy it as my own donation. And I dont have access to the SMx fund money other than asking for it.

I wasnt going to get anything expensive or anything. Some beige, used case for cheap. Even a scratch and dent case if need be.
    edited August 2003
    All right, let's focus. What specific pieces are we in need of for SM19 and 20? Can we get a list with people's names beside prospective donations so we can check off what we need?
    edited August 2003
    CPUs - dangeraaron
    Motherboard - none
    HSF - mmonnin, TD
    RAM (SD) - mmonnin
    RAM (DDR) - TD (one)
    HDD - mmonnin, TD
    VID - mmonnin
    NIC - TD, mmonnin, Hotrodsun
    Case - none
    PSU - non spoken for but I should be getting one from Ageek
    Case Fans - Hotrodsun, mmonnin

Anyone else want to add to the list? I have some other things on my list but am not sure they are still available.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2003
    I think I got an older burner and CD rom if needed...
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    mmonnin said
    CPUs - dangeraaron
    Motherboard - none
    HSF - mmonnin, TD
    RAM (SD) - mmonnin
    RAM (DDR) - TD (one)
    HDD - mmonnin, TD
    VID - mmonnin
    NIC - TD, mmonnin, Hotrodsun
    Case - GHoosdum!!!!!1
    PSU - non spoken for but I should be getting one from Ageek
    Case Fans - Hotrodsun, mmonnin

Anyone else want to add to the list? I have some other things on my list but am not sure they are still available.

Dood, I got case, remember? TheSmJ found a free case local to him for SM18... I'm going to donate the case I had for 18 to 19...
    It's got a 400W generic PSU and three case fans... and a l33t (not) modding job by yours truly! :ninja:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Can we get a list of the specs on this stuff? Like what CPU, RAM, etc... so peeps know what mobo is good to donate?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2003
    I've got a 700MHz (Slot A) Athlon and corresponding board. I think one or the other is bad, but didn't get far in troubleshooting it (mostly because I didn't have another Slot A CPU to swap in the board). They were both working fine when I replaced them during an upgrade for someone, but a brief try at setting them up myself a couple of years ago went nowhere (no post, no beep, no nuttin').

I know that even working, that would be pretty poky, but I'll be glad to mail it to anyone willing to test it out for potential use in an SMx project. Can't remember the brand of the board, but can check if it looks like a possibility.
    Hey, look at my sig. If I had anything better I'd stick it in my own rig! ;D
    edited August 2003
    I have to check on the CPUs to make sure they are still available.