Thinking about the Stacker

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited May 2005 in Hardware
What got me thinking about buying a case is that since I have a Laptop I need a mouse for it because the damn paf is annoying as hell. And newegg says Hardware must be purchased with a mouse, Microsoft 5 button/wheel optical mouse.

Well I have my K7D Master-L sitting here with no case. I have one but its a small cheap case with crappy cooling. I was planning on getting a nice big case for it.

Well I was looking around and I noticed several people here buy the Stacker case. I know Geeky as 2 of them. I wasnt really planning on spending $160 on a case but with it being able to convert to BTX, all the extra room, and the 4-in-3 thing, I might go for it. Plus its an investment for the future. Cases are one thing you dont have to buy that often and can go from one generation to the next.

I am still open to suggestions. I dont care for Lian Li cases, they are just too expensive altho I do like some of their features. The removable motherboard tray would be the feature I want the most that I dont have in my chieftec.

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd
    likes! I might have to pick one up when i get extra cash in a couple months
    Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    likes! I might have to pick one up when i get extra cash in a couple months
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    Hey Geeky is it possible to take out the side grill and plexy glass that whole? and are they quite?

If so i think I am going to get one

:mullet:
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2004
    With some work, I'm sure it would be possible to do that yes, although there's a fan mount behind there you'd have to cut out first. And with the 3 stock fans, they're basically silent.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    The Stackers seem like nice cases to me. Please explain the convert-to-BTX thing. (I'm familiar with the motherboard changes for the BTX spec, but not with the case changes)
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2004
    ordered! :mullet:
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited December 2004
    Is the mobo tray removable?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2004
    Yeah after you unscrew 15 screws. You can take off the tray then unmount the PCI bracket thingy and fan bracket. Flip the positions of those 2 and some other stuff. A review will tell you better with pics.

I cant get it now. I wont be able to work much anymore since there isnt **** to do at work. No hours=no money.
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited December 2004
    Cool...although it sounds like it'd be easier to just mount the damn thing in there without taking it out.

Sucks about work though.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2004
    The mobo tray is not meant to be removed to install a motherboard. It's removeable so it can be converted to BTX.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Gnomewizardd,
    Just bought a Coolermaster Stacker and I'm using it to put together a new system. It is very nice. Any tips or recommendations?

Also, I'd appreciate your thoughts on my question here.

http://www.short-media.com/forum/showthread.php?p=279301&posted=1#post279301

Thanks,
    Preach
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2005
    There was a coolermaster case in PC Wold for £69 so I looked at it. It isn't the Stacker though, it's the cavalier 3. The Stacker is £105. I think I'd prefer the Stacker because it costs more and I always assume you get what you pay for, usually. Is there much real differance between these?
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2005
    It's totally style of different case mate. I suppose it depends what you need it for. The stacker is huge, has lot of room inside & very good airflow. The cavalier is much more or a traditional style case.
    edited May 2005
    bothered,
    I've owned 4 cases and the Coolermaster Stacker is hands down the best. As Jim says, it is very large with an amazing capacity for three 120 mm intake fans (comes with one), one top 80 mm exhaust fan, one side 80 mm intake fan (not included), and two 80 mm (not included)/one 120 mmm rear exhaust fans. The quality is apparent in the construction and polish. It also has wheels and pads, can be converted to BTX, and has spots for two PSUs.
    edited May 2005
    Hmm, cheers guys. I think I'll get one towards the end of June (next pay day) and another the month after. I'll be set then for quite a while. :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    bothered wrote:
    Hmm, cheers guys. I think I'll get one towards the end of June (next pay day) and another the month after. I'll be set then for quite a while. :)
    You can take a look at mine when I get mine this week :)
    edited May 2005
    I can send you some pics of mine if you have any specific questions. I'm still waiting for the next payday to buy my new CPU, mobo, and video card.

*Preacher slaps his own hand away from credit card....
    edited May 2005
    Shorty wrote:
    You can take a look at mine when I get mine this week :)
    I thought you were barred from Micro Direct? :)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    bothered wrote:
    I thought you were barred from Micro Direct? :)
    I sold my desktop to pay for the upgrade :D