edited April 2005
    Welcome to Short-Media, gungho. :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    and hes a BRIT :D
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited April 2005
    gungho wrote:
    I just want to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who contributed to this thread. I have just spent 8 hours tearing my hair out trying to get my SATA drive working with the Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 mobo, several formats & re-installs = nothing. Read this thread (Goooogle found it) set up RAID striping & XP installed & booted 1st time ! You guys rock, wOOt !
    Welcome to SM buddy, glad we've been of help. :thumbsup:
  • edited April 2005
    Hello.

I've built my first PC yesterday (I was an iMac user), It seems that I've the same problem as you with my Gigabyte GA K8NF9 motherboard; when I want to install XP, the files are loaded, it says it's going to reboot, it reboots but copies agin and again the exact same files.
    I don't know what is the problem but the problem seem the same as you guys have got.

My config:
    AMD 3000+
    GA K8NF9 motherboard
    Leadtek 6600GT TDH Extreme
    1GB ram
    Hitachi 120Gb SATA High drive
    Samsung dvd-reader

So what do I exactly have to do to make it works?

Can you make a small step by step tutorial?

What do I have to install?

I'd be very glad if you could help me, I'm a total n00b about comptuters, it's the first time I have to set such a thing. Usually everything is good with Mac comptuters.

Thank you so much.

ArGuson.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    ArGuson wrote:
    ...Can you make a small step by step tutorial?...
    It would be nice if someone did that, I'm sure. Until they do, you might try reading through the thread and see what worked for other people. :)
  • edited November 2005
    I have the same issue with the GA-K8N51GMF-9 trying to install Windows xp pro sp2 on a single sata raptor 74 gig with a amd x2 4200 1 gig mushkin ram the striping in raid on one drive doesn't work without any f6 drivers for this board. I saw this board mentioned way back in the post but the guy jetted b4 he said what worked for him. signing off for the night many blue screens and freezes later after just getting a motherboard that works i had to rma the first one :( so this one works and on to the next problem.