WMP wont load

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Internet & Media
I jsut moved my pc into my room from the office and for some reason Now i cant use mediaplayer. It comes up with WMP cannot load, Not enough mem.

I am like wtf? it worked in the otehr room 30 min ago. So i run adaware spybot and antivirus all are clean. WTF is going on?

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2005
    Seeing how you just physically moved the box, I'd open it up and re-seat the RAM and the vid card. One of them may have been bumped slightly loose.

Dexter...
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    did both. Everything else works fine I cnat listen to any music tho. :bawling:
    edited January 2005
    Cant perform operation, low memory

Oh and i did go to wireless networking which means installed a card
    edited January 2005
    NM Fixed it! New install of Xp did it
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    This is a funny thread:

Problem! :confused:
    Fixed! :cool:
    Problem! :bawling:
    Fixed (again)! :D

:nudge: (Not like something like this hasn't happened to me before. ;D )
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2005
    That's strange...

Did you try re-installing WMP?

Maybe try installing WinAmp in the meantime to see if the problem is strictly WMP related, or if Winamp has trouble too, which would indicate hardware or driver conflicts (like maybe your driver for the wireless card is conflicting with your audio driver.)

Dexter...

/EDIT - never mind, I see you posted that you fixed it as I posted the above.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    Or maybe, your hard drive's data cable was jostled just a tad loose when you moved the case. Upon restart, you could have scrambled some OS files. I bet the WMP problem wasn't all; just what was noticed.