edited August 2003
    Jesus christ on a raft
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    That's one tall can of whoop@ss! :fold:
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    :)

and I'm waiting for #7 to turn a WU. It's a 533 Celi and the protein it's running right now is taking forever. :wtf:

Look for that trend line to go up in about a week, when I get #8 built. :D
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Are you sure you're a human and not just a mechanized PC assembly line? :hair:

//edit: D'OH! I just noticed that you're currently ranked 177 and I'm currently 178!
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    ;) "mechanized PC assembly line" Some of friends and relatives may think that. ;D

I got the builders bug, and then got real serious about running F@H. :)

I was folding on another team for awhile. Nice people and good team but they lacked the enthusiasm I was looking for, so I thought I'd come here and give you all a run for your money. :vimp:

So, now I'm doing something good for humanity and having some fun at it too. :cool2:
    edited August 2003
    Damn... I need to build six more rigs!

Actually, I just switched my secondary rig's production over to S-M, and when I build my primary rig, I'll have that production going toward S-M... I'll still be nowhere close to BDR!

You've definitely found a place with ENTHUSIASM!
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    Indeed I have! :D

I love logging in and seeing all those new posts in the Team Short-Media folder. :thumbsup:

You got a great team here.. no.. _we_ got a great team here.:cool2:
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    shes almost beating me :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    Jesus christ on a raft
    That caused what I like to call "explosive laughter" when I read it ;D

BDR, if going up that steep incline is too much for you, feel free to switch a box over to "GeneralKeebler" any time you like ;):p

omg, if I ever came to the folding forum one morning and there'd been no new points since the night before I'd... I'd... well, I don't know what I'd do, but it wouldn't be pretty. ;D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Heres a post for ya general...

Man...I mean woman, you are on a terror.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited August 2003
    Whoa? BDR is of the feminine persuasion?

Yes Ma'am!

/me showers, shaves, put on deodorant, cologne and some nice clothes.

So, um, BDR, where ya from? You like computer nerds?

Seriously, that's some good production there. What are the specs of your machines?

(I know what you mean about enthusiasm. I fold on a team w/ some buddies of mine, but they're not enthusiastic about it like the SM guys are.)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    <font size=-7>"I'm married."</font>
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    <font size=-7>"I'm married."</font>

So am I. ;)
    edited August 2003
    Ignoring for a moment the ;)

That's what I was implying. ;D
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    a2jfreak said
    Whoa? BDR is of the feminine persuasion?

Yes Ma'am!

So, um, BDR, where ya from? You like computer nerds?

Seriously, that's some good production there. What are the specs of your machines?

(I know what you mean about enthusiasm. I fold on a team w/ some buddies of mine, but they're not enthusiastic about it like the SM guys are.)

I'm from Illinois. The land of cornfields, wheat and Lincoln.

:)

Do I like computer nerds? I am one, so of course I like them.
    Not only am I female, I am probably old enough to be "mom" to most of you all here.

Specs=

AMD 2500 Barton
    Abit NF7S v1
    512 ddr pc2700

AMD 2100 tbred
    Asus A7n8x v2
    512 hyperx pc2700

AMD 2100 tbred
    Epox 8RGA+
    512 hyperx pc2700

AMD 1700 tbred
    MSI KT3V
    256 ddr pc2700

AMD 1800 Palomino
    Shuttle AK 32E
    128 Sdram

all the above are OC'ed lightly

Dell p4 1.4
    512 sdram

Celeron 533
    256 sdram

and a new one coming soon

Btw, Leonardo knows who I am, so he knows I'm cool.
    ;)
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    mmonnin said

Man...I mean woman, you are on a terror.

TYVM :cool:
    edited August 2003
    So . . . you're telling me there's a chance?!

Just Kidding.
    (It's from Dumb & Dumber)
    BDR said

So am I. ;)

// Edit: Forgot to post my specs.

Athlon 1700+ @ 2.3GHz (NF7-S Rev2.0)
    Athlon 1700+ @ 2.3GHz (NF7-S Rev2.0)
    Athlon 1700+ @ default (ECS L7S7A2)
    Pentium 4 1600 @ 2.133 (MSI 845eMax2)

I'll be losing the 1700+ running @ default speeds soon, but hopefully I can bring back my old p3 500MHz and add another 1700+ running @ default or slightly overclocked.
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    Thrax said
    Ignoring for a moment the ;)

That's what I was implying. ;D

Lol..

Guys, I'm old enough to be your Mom. I've been married over 20 years. I'm a grandma of 2 girls and 1 boy. Ok.. now that that's in the open..

I'm also a computer nerd and have been for 6 years.
    I build my own.
    I am a F@H fanatic.

So, I guess I'm a rip snortin', pc buildin', F@H runnin' Granny.

;D

Sheesh, now I'm makin' myself feel old. :(

oh, and my name is Brenda. :wave:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    Wow much more open than LadyInNeed aka LIN. She is so protective about giving away any info over the net.
    edited August 2003
    Maybe... maybe... I'll have a chance... I'm going to add three rigs folding for me soon, and I'm converting my sister's rig to XP, so I'll start running it as a service with -advmethods and -forceasm instead of the graphical client I've got on there... so just maybe... :ninja:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    GHoosdum...

Keep trying mate :thumbsup: but I think BDR is flying just a little too fast for you to keep up with ...

Infact.. I think alot of our team are gonna see her fly past their stats :eek:

It's all good :fold:
  • BDRBDR
    edited August 2003
    If I inspire some of the Folders on this team to run more, better, or faster, then like Shorty said "it's all good". :fold::thumbsup:
    edited August 2003
    Going back to the enthusiasm mentioned earlier by BDR. I am tempted to switch to #93 (once I establish a large enough lead over my friends) because they don't have anywhere near the same level of enthusiasm.

However, I don't think I can afford to buy machine after machine like BDR can. I've got two trucks . . . one brand new, and being under 25 and male is a KILLER on insurance too. Also, I don't qualify for multi-vehicle discount because I'm under 25. What a rip! You get screwed coming and going, eh? Hopefully I can commandeer a few machines and that won't cost me any $. :D
    edited August 2003
    Geico gives me a multi-vehicle discount, and I'm 23 and not married. You might want to consider changing insurance companies...
  • JonseyJonsey Microsoft Corporation
    edited August 2003
    BDR said
    If I inspire some of the Folders on this team to run more, better, or faster, then like Shorty said "it's all good". :fold::thumbsup:

Yeah... I've been storing an AMD 1800+ for a friend. (Which means, yes, I can't overclock it)

I have to give it back once school starts (9/5) But seeing BDR catching up so fast to me is getting old.... I'll make it take .38seconds longer.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    She folds, she overclocks, she builds nearly as many computers as IBM, Compaq, and Dell combined and she still has time to be wife, mom, and grandma!:wow2:

BDR,
    that's damn impressive! Where do you find all the time?!:scratch:

I guess it's time to get off my lazy butt and get my two machines to help out with the "SM Cause." I've been remiss so far, but I guess I really have no excuse.
    :fold:
    edited August 2003
    Thanks GHoosdum!

I've been meaning to leave that sorry excuse rip-off agency disguised as an insurance company, State Farm, ever since they ripped me a new one last year when my truck was vandalised! I just haven't had the time to research it, but I really should as I hate giving those leeches money just to rip me off. I'd rather save a few bucks and be ripped off by someone else than pay full price to be ripped off. ;D

So, to anyone out there that has State Farm . . . be ye warned, they suck!

"Like a bad neighbor, State Farm kicks you in the balls."
    GHoosdum said
    Geico gives me a multi-vehicle discount, and I'm 23 and not married. You might want to consider changing insurance companies...
    edited August 2003
    That's some bad neighbor :scratch:
    edited August 2003
    Well, the State Farm slogan is: Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.

But really State Farm just rapes you in the @$$!
    Thrax said
    That's some bad neighbor :scratch:
    edited August 2003
    I agree. They really are a bad neighbor. I used to have State Farm... but as soon as I made a claim, they dropped me from the insurance policy because I made my money back from them... Geico treats me much better.

Good luck, a2j... ;)