$1000 grand prize for digital editing contest - photoshop gurus read this!

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited January 2005 in Internet & Media
Popular Photography & Imaging Magazine has now posted their 2005 Digital Wizard Contest. Grand prize is $1000 + publication in the magazine.

You basically get 11 photos to work with, from them. Using at least four of the images, you have to create your most amazing..... creation...

There's gotta be SOME of you here who would be into this. I'll probably give it a shot. :)

Good luck!

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    I'm in... though I haven't even checked it out yet either :P

Now that I have checked it out I am still in... wish I could see past winners and stuff to gauge how much work I am gonna need to put in.
    EDIT AGAIN... nm I found the past winners area, nice stuff... but I think I can do equally well.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited January 2005
    Did you see the 3rd place image from 2004? 3rd place?!?!?!
    I'm not going to knock 1st or 2nd place, but I felt the 3rd place image was equal to if not better than the grand prize winner and most definitely was better than the 1st and 2nd place winners. Anyone else agree, or am I alone in my sentiment?
  • edited January 2005
    i agree totally.... if that was me i would have been well pissed.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    I thought along the same lines, I don't like the winner's work much at all.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    uh....am I missing something? searched the page and cant find the entries from last year that you guys are talking about
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited January 2005
    I did a search (not ctrl+f, but using the search capabilities of the site) for "digital wizard" and found the winners from 2004.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    ah yes, found it now, thanks for the info and yes I agree #3 should have won
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited January 2005
    I've stickied this for reference. Good luck to anyone who enters.

Link to the 2004 Winners page is HERE for anyone wanting it.

I agree guys, that grand prize one is pretty impressive....but yeah, the first and second place ones are sort of ho-hum compared to the third place one.

Oh, and I just noticed that only US residents can enter, so I guess that counts me out.

Dexter...
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited January 2005
    Dex... you can always e-mail your entry to me and I'll enter it for you. I promise I'll tell you all about what I buy with the $1000... ;D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    man i can piss better images in the sand! ( I wish )

I bet u rwb wins!
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2005
    I actually like the 2nd place entry.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited January 2005
    I'd say third place is the best, and first place is second best, as for that first one.... I have only ONE idea that could have made it to the top(becuase to me and obviously others it looks like crap compaired to others) is that after looking at how it was made it's pretty intricate, alot of it I had not noticed, I could only find two images that were used, the others are just so well blended in.

Still it looks too cartoony for my tastes.