Forum Design Updates

2»

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    I like the idea of having some kind of differentiation between the Online/Offline Status... I thought that the first time I looked it was greyed out for Offline, and black for Online. I like that, it's easy enough to see that way and doesn't clash.

I liked having the Logged in list at the top originally, but now that I read Cyrix' post, I also think we should keep it at the bottom... maybe having the number of "Currently Active Users" at the top and the list at the bottom would be a good compromise?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2003
    CyrixInstead said
    However, lets look to the future people. When we're the biggest tech site on the web :D with hundreds of people logged in constantly (think overclockers uk forums), if the online username list is at top of the screen, we'll all have to spend 30 seconds scrolling down to get to the proper stuff.

~Cyrix

Thats what I was thinking. If it get to where there are 30 people online then it will take a large chunk of space.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2003
    Ok, dark green from header\banner\logo for online adn the light blue background from the part behind the short media logo at top for offline??? That would work really good if can be done, and the light blue woudl be lighter. Since we can see the time in white on it on the bar below threads that would work enough blue on white also, and the short media logo shows the invert of blue on white also. Then green for online, blue\green light for offline (the blue\green looks blue aqua'd to me, called it blue for brevity).

In fact, if it were set to grayed out, could grayed out pallette optin choice be set to a tone that would show that??? Little highlights of banner color through out site would show up that way-- possible, Shorty?? :respect: