INVALID System disk win 98

edited March 2005 in Hardware
Hi,

My computer does not start up. I tried running in SAFE MODe, by pressing or/nd holding f8 and ctrl (both, single etc...) nothing seems to work. It automatically goes to the message

invalid system disk....

PROBLEM: I don't think we have the boot disk for this computer, do you know if you can download this somehwere? Everything on this computer is in swedish, and we now want to buy a new one, but would like all our files if they are recoverable.

Thanks for any help / advice.

We can access the BOOT MENU or whatever it is when you press DEL, but other then that, we can't seem to get very far!

martin

Comments

• ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited March 2005
    There wouldnt happen to be a floppy disk in the drive would there?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited March 2005
    Hi,

My computer does not start up. I tried running in SAFE MODe, by pressing or/nd holding f8 and ctrl (both, single etc...) nothing seems to work. It automatically goes to the message

invalid system disk....

PROBLEM: I don't think we have the boot disk for this computer, do you know if you can download this somehwere? Everything on this computer is in swedish, and we now want to buy a new one, but would like all our files if they are recoverable.

Thanks for any help / advice.

We can access the BOOT MENU or whatever it is when you press DEL, but other then that, we can't seem to get very far!

martin

Ok heres how to fix that error

Step 1. Locate the floppy drive on your machine.
    Step 2. Remove the floppy disk in your drive by pressing the button below it on the right.
    Step 3. Your problem is now solved
    Step 4. Have a great day :D
  • edited March 2005
    If only it were that simple. No disk in the floppy. Any other suggestions?
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited March 2005
    What does it say in the BIOS about hard drives?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited March 2005
    Check for loose cables. As for a boot disk, check out www.bootdisk.com.
  • edited March 2005
    Sorry, thanks!! went to bootdisk and another site and then managed to get a copy of the actual boot disk and win 98 cd and installed it again. maybe time for a new computer....