$949 vid card

KometeKomete Member
edited April 2005 in Hardware
If I seriously meet a guy who spends $949.00 on one video card I will hit him with a bat! http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-473&depa=1

This has gotten wayyyyyyyyy out of controll.

Comments

• leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    people spends millions on cars and jelewry and what not, what's the problem, if they got money to spend?
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited April 2005
    Komete wrote:
    If I seriously meet a guy who spends $949.00 on one video card I will hit him with a bat! http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-473&depa=1

This has gotten wayyyyyyyyy out of controll.
    Why you don't have one. I assumed everyone did.

You can spend up to 1500 in duel cards in sli and I know 3 ppl with sli 6800U rigs

Anyone who wouldn't be willing to spend @ least $1000 on a card isnt willing to have a high highend machine

edit: wacks joo with the cluebat.
  • edited April 2005
    most people with that much money don't spend too much time on the computer, let alone assemble their own systems.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    i know at least one that does ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    i know at least one that does ;)

He's probably very geeky.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    well yeah that's way too much for a game card ...I mean after all it's only gaming right? ;D
    Now if your job relies heavily on your graphics card why not splurge on a real card?
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproductdesc.asp?description=14-124-115&DEPA=1
  • leishi85leishi85 Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    djstubbs wrote:
    most people with that much money don't spend too much time on the computer, let alone assemble their own systems.

assume what u say is true, most people that can afford to buy sports cars that cost millions wont have much time to actually drive the million dollar car, but they will still buy those cars just because they can throw money around like that.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited April 2005
    leishi85 wrote:
    assume what u say is true, most people that can afford to buy sports cars that cost millions wont have much time to actually drive the million dollar car, but they will still buy those cars just because they can throw money around like that.

I think he ment they have better things to do with thier time than be on a PC. I certainly could think of a lot of things to do if I was financially independant :)

Seriously guys one of you buy it and PM me your address and I'll stop by and we can play some T ball with your scull. ;D
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited April 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Why you don't have one. I assumed everyone did.

You can spend up to 1500 in duel cards in sli and I know 3 ppl with sli 6800U rigs

Anyone who wouldn't be willing to spend @ least $1000 on a card isnt willing to have a high highend machine

edit: wacks joo with the cluebat.

SLI I can see but for one measly card that will be outdated in less than 2 years? It's just foolish.. Sorry man I could take the 500 cards bareley but this has just gone far beyound what I can say is reasonable.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited April 2005
    I'll take 10 please