Anyone else excited?

ReignReign New York
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
Not sure if ya'll knew, but HardOCP will be passed sometime in the next 2 weeks by OC.au... For once a new #1 team. :vimp:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Hat's off to [H] for their tremendous contribution to the Folding research project. :wave:

Hat's off to OCAus for being such dogged, fierce competitors. :thumbsup:
  • FoldingAddictFoldingAddict Montgomery, AL
    edited September 2003
    If [H] would concentrate on Folding, they would probably double their production overnight. Props to dgroms and plext for boosting OCAU so much.:fold:

~FA
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    OCAU are where they are because they 2 supurb members like those 2 mentioned above. They really help OCAU.
    edited September 2003
    Yes indeed, however Plext never did deliver the 10,000 CPUs he thought he could muster a year ago.:eek:

~FA
    edited September 2003
    I would take w/e he got tho.:D

Oh and the rest of the kicks some arse as well, not just those 2. They are just head and shoulders above the rest/most folders.
    edited September 2003
    Speaking of strong folders, I was wondering where Rage3D got all their power all of a sudden, I never noticed that How??? is back.:D 75k a week alone....that's some awesome power.

~FA
    edited September 2003
    Yeah I saw that the other day that he is back. Now thats a big boost.
  • edited September 2003
    I noticed that a week or 2 ago and went and checked their folding forum; it seems that How??? is just temporarily back up folding, burning in some new computers that he is deploying wherever he works at. It won't be a permanent thing, but every bit helps the project.

Yeah, DGROMS and plext have really helped jumpstart the OCAU team; all props to them.:respect: The reason that plext hasn't brought more machines online is because of bandwidth costs, from reading over in the How??? thread at rage3d.
    edited September 2003
    I had the same thoughts back a while ago when Plext posted about it at overclockers.com. I mean, one Gromacs work unit is usually around 900 to 1400K to upload after completion, so 10,000 CPUs times 1.4MB means he would be using gigabytes of bandwidth a day.

~FA
  • ReignReign New York
    edited September 2003
    It's scary how plext produces more weekly then all of SM.
  • ReignReign New York
    edited September 2003
    Also... plext is ranked #4 overall, and DGROMs is #2.... who is #1??
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Reign said
    Also... plext is ranked #4 overall, and DGROMs is #2.... who is #1??

Anonymous?
    edited September 2003
    Yeah I think so.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Yeah, anon, even thought it really should be excluded as it isn't actually a person/user......

NS