Help with my ASUS K8V Deluxe

cel3ulacel3ula Grand Rapids
edited April 2005 in Hardware
Hi, i recently just bought a ASUS K8V Deluxe mobo. I havent been able to connect it and get my pc up and, and have tried looking for a manual on ASUS's website. I go there and it leeds u too some inforamtion page.. :confused: I bought this mobo OEM so i just got the board and thats it. If you have any imput or where i can find a manual i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

have a good evening... :wtf:

Comments

• scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    HERE Ya go

Scott
  • cel3ulacel3ula Grand Rapids
    edited April 2005
    thank u so much :D
    edited April 2005
    Happy to help :)

Scott
    edited April 2005
    Well i have a problem...ive done exactly what the manual said. I'm trying to connect the SW Power, and the SW Reset. Ive done what it says but the pc will not boot. Am i doing something wrong?
    edited April 2005
    Well lets start with the basics.

Is this a new case ?

Is it a new power supply or one out of an old comp like a dell ?

Is the board in the case or on the bench ?

What all is hooked up to the board ? I would start with only the video card and memory.

Are you gettin any signs of life ? Any beep codes ?

Scott
  • ArmoArmo Mr. Nice Guy Is Dead,Only Aqua Remains Member
    edited April 2005
    usually the board has a small scematic of the pin layout right above thepins, remember the + is the colored wire and the - is the white wire.
    edited April 2005
    scott wrote:

Is this a new case ?

Is it a new power supply or one out of an old comp like a dell ?

Is the board in the case or on the bench ?

What all is hooked up to the board ? I would start with only the video card and memory.

Are you gettin any signs of life ? Any beep codes ?

Scott

Im upgrading my sempron 3100+ and chaintech k8t800 to
    a athlon 64 3200+ winchester, and the ASUS K8V, so its my old case

My old power supply still works

Board is in the case

Dont get any beeps, but my led on my mobo is lite up meaning it has power.
    edited April 2005
    Armo wrote:
    usually the board has a small scematic of the pin layout right above thepins, remember the + is the colored wire and the - is the white wire.

this board does has a scematic pin layout, but ive tried using that and either its not working or im a complete dumb*** :eek: lol
    im really appreciating the help :)
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited April 2005
    I believe there is a problem with Winchester cores and that motherboard requiring a BIOS update.

BUT....are both the 20 pin 12 V ATX and 4-pin ATX power cables connected? You may also look to the actual power on switch on the PC case itself. I've had a situation where the wires were not connected to the actual physical switch....they appeared to be but the actual connection was broken requiring me to re-solder the wires.
    edited April 2005
    if its a problem with the bios how am i suppossed to change em if i cant boot my system?
  • MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited April 2005
    Check the other things first...

Don't mean to go "chicken little" on you here but "perhaps" this may be applicable to you.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13674

I'd also try single sticks of RAM because if you have MUSHKIN...there's been reported problems.
    edited April 2005
    im not the brightest here lol, but

i have corsair value select ram and i have a socket 939 not 754
    edited April 2005
    I think the safest thing to now would be to try and start it on the bench in minimal configuration.

With the board out of the case and on the antistaic foam it came with, try just hooking up the power supply , one stick of ram , and the video card. Short the two pins marked power and see if it will start. if it does you can safely shut it down when it says no OS found. If it does not we have ruled out shorting to the case , improper switch wiring , hard drive , optical drives.

We have to start somewhere

Scott

Edit to add picture

like this but no hard drive
    attachment.php?attachmentid=15578&stc=1
    edited April 2005
    well taking everything out is tidious work, so i think ill bring it into school monday and see what our techie can do. thanks for all the help.

have a great day
    edited April 2005
    WOOOOT!! got my pc up! FOLD TIME! better watch ive got this over clocked from 2.0 ghz to 2.52...:-)
    edited April 2005
    Hi, i got my pc to boot but nothing is showing up on my monitor. I have a Sapphire 9600 PRO and i made sure its in all the way and it has power. The fan is spinning. I would just like to knowwhat the problem could be thanks.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited April 2005
    It could be that the settings you have to OC your proc to 2.5 is keeping it from going past POST, i have the same motherboard and i can't get mine past 2.35 without it giving a CMOS error, you might wanna try and reset your cmos and see what happens.
    edited April 2005
    ok i reset the cmos settings and the monitor still gets no signal... :scratch:
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited April 2005
    OK not to be smart or anything but is the monitor good and is the cable plugged into the video card, also make sure the power cord to the monitor is in securely
    edited April 2005
    ok the mointor has power the led on front is on and when i turn it on it says "no imput signal" then goes black. ALso i have made sure serveral times the monitor is connected to the video card. im just really confused what the problem could be... :confused:
    edited April 2005
    Are you sure your bios is at default settings ? ( no longer overclocked )

What did you do to get it to post ?

Scott
    edited April 2005
    ahh...i have no clue what to do...this bugs me :shakehead
    edited April 2005
    its back to how it was orginally back to default settings
    edited April 2005
    Ok...i just tried a different monitor same thing occurs.
    I tired a different GFX card and the same thing occurs. so to me this means theres gotta be something wrong with my mobo? but what? i dont understand this at all... :bawling:
    edited April 2005
    OK here is what we are gonna do.

Relax ...,... Cool heads will prevail when troubleshooting.

Please answer these questions

What did you do between the time it would not work and it did work ?

Is it out of the case ?

Are you still using the power button or are you shorting the power pins on the mobo ?

Scott
    edited April 2005
    The reason I ask about it being in the case is that if it is not seated properly or has a standoff misplaced it could be shorting out on the backside somewhere. We have a weekend here, I strongly suggest that you take it out of the case and try it sitting on the bench. What is there to lose, It does not work now right ? And if it is a problem with the mobo, you will have to take it out to return it right? Also, as MediaMan has pointed out the switch may have a fault.

Lets start at square one and figure this out. And hope it is not a winchester core / mobo conflict. The only way out of that one is to use another processor to boot and flash the bios.

Let us know how it goes.

And hang in there and be patient.
    edited April 2005
    scott wrote:
    OK here is what we are gonna do.

Relax ...,... Cool heads will prevail when troubleshooting.

Please answer these questions

What did you do between the time it would not work and it did work ?

Is it out of the case ?

Are you still using the power button or are you shorting the power pins on the mobo ?

Scott

I havent done anything since its worked, besides sleep and cry lol.

Its in the case.

And I'm using the power button, to turn off and on my system.

Thanks for staying and helping me through this. :)
    edited April 2005
    I do not know how my reply to your post got in before your post but to see my response to post #28 see post #27

:scratch:
  • BubblemanBubbleman A Desert
    edited April 2005
    This is HAPPENING TO ME TO!!!!

I just got a radeon pro 9800 mb 256 and I get a black monitor.
    edited April 2005
    ok took it out and started on the bench...everything boots up like it did before but the same problem with the monitor. Stupid bios...no clue how i could flash em cuz i cant start it, im thinking bout selling this and going with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum mobo. Because this is stressing me out... :mad: