SM24 - Sign Up Now Closed!

2»

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Hey, IC11 has been all over the country! She'll always be unique :D
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    We should have been putting stickers on it from all the places it's been :). MI, OK, and now NM. I'll be going somewhere else in about a year, too (most likely CA, MA, or IL).
  • GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited April 2005
    Ill toss my name in the hat.

Ive not had a machine in a while that could fold regularly, but im looking to scrounge up some old machines and start a farm here at work.

I have dedicated rack space (racks that hold regular pc towers) dual t1 connections, everything is on a ups. Safe and secure. Now... Im gonna go back to savanging machines to build my farm.

I fold under the name MutantPea but I think Ill put my farm if I can find enough working old machines under gobbles and start fresh.

xXUSERXx/Gobbles
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    GHoosdum wrote:
    I don't remember the last time a rig with this much potential was up for contention...
    On my test bench this rig is Folding at a 500 points+ ppw average per CPU. Over 1,000ppw total. This was before any real tweaking.

I tested all the previously donated RAM and have managed to bump the total from 192MB to 256MB. It might go even higher than that. :cool:

An even dozen now:

Liquid81
    Jimborae
    dancer
    lemonlime
    maximusbad
    redchief
    Buddy Jesus
    Camman
    drasnor
    FormFactor
    dragonV8
    Gobbles

Help! Parts Are Needed For The SMx Project to keep things rolling - please send me a PM for more info. :)
    edited April 2005
    Signup will end Wednesday evening EDT

:smokin:

If you want in, you have about 48 Hours to post in this thread saying so. :)

The SMx Committee has this on the fast track. Once nominations are closed, we intend to announce the winner ASAP. I can tell you right now that it will not be an easy choice. The response from The Team has been tremendous and our thanks go out to everyone involved. :thumbsup:

:fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold::fold:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Here's the cool thing: With twelve people signing up, and eight more SMx computers to ship out this year, almost all of these people will be getting one :eek2::thumbsup:
    edited April 2005
    That's awesome, guys. We'll be crackin' 30 SMx rigs soon! :cheers:
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Here's the cool thing: With twelve people signing up, and eight more SMx computers to ship out this year, almost all of these people will be getting one :eek2::thumbsup:
    If people get to donating parts, we might be able to do the full dozen :eek:
    edited April 2005
    Dude - that was supposed to be our little secret... :o :D

Besides, there's nothing that says we've got to stop at nine. As long as we can keep the Assembly Line rolling there's no limit. :)

I've got another little secret of my own. You may hear more about it tomorrow. ;)
    edited April 2005
    Twelve candidates so far. Anyone want to turn The Dirty Dozen into a Lucky 13? :D

24 Hours Remaining!

edited April 2005
    Last Call!

Only a few hours left until the signup period will conclude. Thanks go out to everyone who has participated. :)
    edited April 2005
    Signup For SM24 Is Now Closed!

Good luck to all who have applied, the choice will not be an easy one. :thumbsup:

Look for a major SMx announcement at the same time we name the new host for SM24 - hopefully very soon!

edited April 2005
    oh the pain to choose... :(
    edited April 2005
    It was nearly impossible for me to decide. If we had twelve rigs ready to go I think the SMx Committee would have just said the heck with the vote and sent every candidate a computer to host.

Voting is underway - stay tuned! :D
    edited April 2005
    The suspense is killing me, and I'm not even one of the guys with his name in the hat!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    tough tough tough vote.
    man I didn't think this would be work!!!!!!! :scratch:

some great choices in that bunch. :thumbsup:
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Good luck to all involved!
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2005
    are we waiting for the votes to be counted in Florida ?
    edited April 2005
    redchief wrote:
    are we waiting for the votes to be counted in Florida ?
    :p

It took us a week to get all the votes last time. We're doing it much quicker this time but it does take a little time to coordinate 8 people ;)
    edited April 2005
    Hang in there. The voting is as close as we expected it to be, hopefully we'll know the outcome soon. :)
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Hang in there. The voting is as close as we expected it to be, hopefully we'll know the outcome soon. :)

Be sure you're clear on the hanging chads ;D
    edited April 2005
    Camman wrote:
    Be sure you're clear on the hanging chads ;D
    Funny you should mention that... :rolleyes:

The Supreme Court is just about to release their opinion on the matter. :cool:
    edited April 2005
    The Host of SM24 will be announced in approximately 30 minutes.

Look for a new thread declaring the winner.

:celebrate
    edited April 2005
    The news is out!!!!!!!