The state of primesuspect

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
Folding state, that is...

I added an Opteron 144 and a P3 Tualatin 1.2 today. That should help stave off MikeP928 for a few extra days, but it's just a temporary repreive :(

I'll be adding a P3/750 in about a week (thanks to Gnomewizardd.... and an extra $75 that I had in my paypal account :cool: )

But my stats are looking sort of stagnant. Looks like I'm doomed to languish in spot #7 or 8 for the forseeable future. I'll be passing GmackeyNSU on the 8th or 9th, and then Jammin1911 towards the end of the month. After that, there will be no more conquests for me unless I find a bunch of new machines.

Although, it DOES say that I'm set to pass Muddocktor on August 8, 2004 :)

Comments

• edited September 2003
    I had a dual rig down for better than a week, but I got it back purring yesterday, prime. You will have to get a little more ammo than that to get me.:p
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Well, not so fast, I forgot that I just got the new SLK-800 in for my Tbird 1.4 system that's been down for over a month. That'll be back in action for good by late tomorrow. And, I have a P4 2400 with a bent pin. If I can get that pin bent back, that sucker will be another 24/7 for me... :rarr::ninja:
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2003
    On the P4:

It shouldn't be difficult to unbend it; the P4's pins are pretty flexible. I've bent the pins on my lappy's p4 a few times- they always bend back very easily by hand or with a pair of needlenose pliers of tweezers...
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited September 2003
    Might i ask how you bent a pin on a p4 in a laptop?
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited September 2003
    Spilled sprite on laptop. Had to make sure none got in it. Took it apart, accidentally ripped P4 out of mPGA 478 ZIF because the(comparatively) huge surface area of the CPU's heatspreader makes it stick to heatsinks real, real well. Pop cpu off heatsink with screwdriver, unbend pin, drop back in socket, and it works fine...
  • HotrodsunHotrodsun Salem, OR
    edited September 2003
    Hopefully in 3-4 weeks, If I can get all my ducks in a row I'll be able to get all my boxes back online, and add a couple. I should be adding 6-9 active processors to my account.:D