We can take back our spot from Team Mac OSX

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2005 in Folding@Home
We only need to come up with another 20,000 points a day to start to overtake team Mac OS X. That isn't much! Come on, guys! TELL EVERYONE! WE HAVE TO TAKE OUR SPOT BACK FROM THEM :bawling:

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    What's that.... 40 more average computers? I just added ONE today ;) Maybe I'll try to get another up tomorrow, but as I mentioned in a previous post money is shortshortshort right now.

Shorter than the short man himself.... :ukflag:

Please don't ban me... :respect:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited April 2005
    Well if I can get this bloody AsRock board to boot I'll be able to add an XP3200, unfortunately at the present time all I get is a black screen. However I will be able to add a P3 833 this weekend & then of course SM12 will be coming my way soon so she'll be cranking wu's in no time.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    I hope this will help.. :D

Just added about 9 GHz :mullet:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    OMG thats awesome guys!!!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'll be adding a sempron 3000+ either today or monday
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    hehe ...they won't know what hit 'em! :smokin:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I've been giving serious consideration to installing F@H on our new dual Xeon server.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'm picking up a 2500+ from a friend this weekend. It will fold on a piece of cardboard if it has to :)
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I got another Prescott 2.8 yesterday, it's another 24/7 machine.
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited April 2005
    Added another P4 1.8 that will fold overnight...
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Next month I'll get my AGOIA back, so that will almost double my current output of one processor :D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    I've got four rigs I refer to as my "out-of-towners", meaning that they are family member's computers located far away from me. Three of them have been underperforming for the last month. (Thanks, dad, for being the lone exception. :) )

I was able to get my daughter on the phone last night and expect her computer to return to full production soon. I'm calling my niece and sister tonight. My niece is sharp as a tack, so I'm sure I can get her straightened out. Hopefully, my fourteen y.o. nephew will be available to help with my sister's rig. Neither she nor her multiple-PhD husband should be allowed anywhere near a computer... :rolleyes:

All told, it should be a decent pickup for the team.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    Though not a new addition, my DFI board came back and it's folding again. :rolleyes:

Sally got a new addition, a Celeron-M 1.3, MicroATX setup. :)
    edited April 2005
    added a sempron 3000+ to the home farm today - it'll be folding as MasterBuilderK (my younger son).

I believe my 5 year old will be the youngest person folding for Team 93. Perhaps the youngest person folding, period! ;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    dragonV8 wrote:
    Though not a new addition, my DFI board came back and it's folding again. :rolleyes:

Sally got a new addition, a Celeron-M 1.3, MicroATX setup. :)
    You guys are just carving out the points ;D

Awesome :D
    edited April 2005
    This is so encouraging:
    edited April 2005
    It sure is - let's pour it on, team. :thumbsup:

:smokin:
    edited April 2005
    Trend is getting even nicer :rarr:
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    wow, what a production jump! This Sempron 3000+ that I'm "burn in testing" for the people I built it for is producing nicely! I really think I'm gonna have to buy some of these for dedicated boxes once I get some extra cash.

I have a K6/2 500 or 550 that is currently out of commission, do you guys think it will even finish WUs before the deadline if I get it up and running?
    edited April 2005
    Yeah, it'll help. Won't be a powerhouse, but it will contribute :) I have a p3/600 cranking along like a turtle - persistence pays off though.
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited April 2005
    Nah, probably not. Our old K6-2 Compaq was folding for awhile. I let it go, and go... and go. About a month and a half later, I hooked up the monitor, etc, and it was less than half way through it's first WU :Pwned:

It'll go, just not very fast. I s'pose every WU counts, but I'd rather use its parts for a keychain (which I did :p)
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    With today's WUs, older CPUs have a harder time. Back when I was folding WUs that were worth less than 1/10 as much as today's WUs, I had some Celeron 400's folding, and their contribution was noticeable.

Back in the day, I also walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways, fighting off wolves, etc. :D
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Gargoyle wrote:
    With today's WUs, older CPUs have a harder time. Back when I was folding WUs that were worth less than 1/10 as much as today's WUs, I had some Celeron 400's folding, and their contribution was noticeable.

Back in the day, I also walked to school in the snow, uphill both ways, fighting off wolves, etc. :D

You forgot the barefoot and broken glass to the sob story. :D
    edited April 2005
    DanG wrote:
    You forgot the barefoot and broken glass to the sob story. :D
    ;D

You think that's bad?... :vimp:
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited April 2005
    Ahh thanks for that prof!

brings back memories that does!