SM25 Host Needed - Signup Closed

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
:celebrate SM25 - Sign Up Here! :celebrate
:smokin:

We're putting out the call for a Host for the latest in our Team 93 SMx Project lineup. We've had two computers go out to new hosts in the past few weeks, so your chances are better than ever.

If you meet the qualifications for hosting one of our team's SMx machines, why not sign up to be a candidate? You could be the one chosen to house this baby in your home and have that nifty extra SMx logo in your sig.

Not to mention all the extra Notable Milestone celebrations in your honor. :vimp:

Hosting Requirements and Selection Process are available on the team page. Please look them over carefully before signing up.

If you feel you meet the requirements and are willing to sign the contract, throw your name in the hat by posting in this thread and giving us some details about your hosting conditions (connection, environment, etc.) and your computer ability that would mark you as a suitable host for this awesome Folding machine.

Here's what Team 93 has assembled for the next lucky host:
SM25 Specs:

Motherboard: MSI KT3 Ultra2
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1900+
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD43AA 4.3 GB
Display Adapter: ATI Technologies, Inc. 3D RAGE PRO AGP 2X
Memory: Infineon 512MB PC2100
NIC: Linksys LNE100TX
Case: A Brand-New Case & PSU will be shipped directly to the new host

This baby's going to put up some serious points for Team 93! :D

The signup period will last approximately five days. We will give you plenty of notice before the signup period is closed and the SMx Committee vote is taken.

As is our new policy, there are no geographical limitations on hosting eligibilty -

The SMx Project <s>Is Going</s> Has Gone Global! :ukflag: :ausflag: :welshflag :sweflag: :canflag: :usflag:

Check out The SMx Project - Reloaded! thread for more information on the project in general. If you have any parts you could spare for future SMx rigs, go here and have a look at what we need. MB's, CPU's, HD's, and Memory (PC1600 or greater) are in extremely short supply. To keep this project going we need your help.

Now - What are you waiting for? :thumbsup::fold:

Comments

• lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited April 2005
    I'll throw my name in the hat once again :D

Over 10 years of computer building expereince, avid hardware enthusiast, network administrator by profession, 24/7 highspeed, ambient kept low :buck:

I've already got the case/PSU covered, as well as the hard drive. Put the saved shipping costs back into the SMx project :thumbsup:

:canflag:
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited April 2005
    We would like to put our hat in the ring please. :)
  • Lord_NightLord_Night Piqua Ohio
    edited April 2005
    I will put in my name please.
    you have all seen my name here and around the climb to the best in folding.
    I have several machines running now. and have dedicated cable modem with router.
    more years in computers than i can count... jsut to give you an idea. my first system was the HP 9830 and then a coco 80 (TRS-80 model 1) and Commodore 16, and so on.... ;D

my computer room contains self contained power supply in case of power failure, is kept cool by seperate air.

thanks
  • dancerdancer Blue Mountains, Australia
    edited April 2005
    i'm in for another throw. thanks.
  • redchiefredchief Santa Barbara Member
    edited April 2005
    throw me in the ring,
    see "hat" tossed into SMx 24 for info.
  • maximusbadmaximusbad The Burg
    edited April 2005
    i'll throw my name into the hat once again
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Great guys.... good spirit. Keep it up!!!! :thumbsup:

We <b>WILL</b> have other SMx Rigs going out too. The more you enter and stick around the Team area, the better chance you have at being honored with a SMx Rig. :D
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited April 2005
    Hehe, I can always keep tabs on Lord_Night, he lives 15 minutes away from home.;)
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    I'd like to be considered as well.

-drasnor :fold:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    More more more!!! Let's throw those names into the hat!!! :thumbsup:
  • S_WilsonS_Wilson Meridian, ID
    edited April 2005
    Good to see the SMx project going strong again! Keep it up! :thumbsup::fold:
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    We have seven candidates thus far:

lemonlime
    dragonV8 & JonsHandbrake
    Lord_Night
    dancer
    redchief
    maximusbad
    drasnor

Once again, it is going to be all but impossible to choose - you guys are all top candidates. There are a few days left for signing up, so get while the getting's good. :)
    edited April 2005
    We'll leave the signup period open for approximately 24 more hours. If you want in, here's your chance. :)
    edited April 2005
    The signup period has ended. Good luck to each and every one of you. :)
  • SiggySiggy Sydney Australia
    edited April 2005
    WOW - great quality candidates, I dont envy the committee the job of sorting through that lot!

Good luck to you all!!

Siggy
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited April 2005
    How soon will we know the lucky winner?
    edited May 2005
    Voting has begun. Hopefully we'll be able to name the lucky winner soon . It isn't an easy choice, though, which speaks well of all the fine candidates. :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    The winner is...

The person with the most votes.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited May 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    The winner is...

The person with the most votes.

LOL, that was pretty funny...

Good luck to all the guys

"g"