SM23 going under the knife

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
It's transplant time! Finally after 2 months of lockups, resetting WU's and downright frustration, SM23 is getting a new motherboard donated generously by mtgoat. It will be a ECS K7VTA3 V8.0 and I hope that SM23 will finally run rock solid for the Team from here on out.

She should be back up and running in a few hours, wish me luck! :thumbsup:

Comments

• profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited April 2005
    Good luck! :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    SM23 is in capable hands. I'm fully confident she'll come out just fine.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    Don't forget that mobo has full 166fsb support! So there are some extra options there. I was running an XP2200 on it @166 for 2.08 and it did so quite well. :cool:
    edited April 2005
    That's a heck of a nice donation, 'Goat. :D
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2005
    mtgoat wrote:
    Don't forget that mobo has full 166fsb support! So there are some extra options there. I was running an XP2200 on it @166 for 2.08 and it did so quite well. :cool:

Awesome, I was hoping it would o/c well. The KD7 was amazing as you can see from this old thread, I managed to get that 1800+ as high as 2329Mhz. :smokin:

Thanks guys, shouldn't be long now at all. :thumbsup:
    edited April 2005
    TBonZ wrote:
    Awesome, I was hoping it would o/c well. The KD7 was amazing as you can see from this old thread, I managed to get that 1800+ as high as 2329Mhz. :smokin:

Thanks guys, shouldn't be long now at all. :thumbsup:
    I used the fsb jumpers. Look here. Here is the link to drivers and manual
    edited April 2005
    Great! Thanks Larry, that'll really help me save some time.

One think I overlooked is the plate at the back of the mb for the mouse ports, usb, etc... I don't have any around that match it unfortunately so for now it will have to do without. I'll buy a compatible plate if possible the next time I'm at the computer shop and then will take SM23 back apart to install it.
    edited April 2005
    TBonZ wrote:
    Great! Thanks Larry, that'll really help me save some time.

One think I overlooked is the plate at the back of the mb for the mouse ports, usb, etc... I don't have any around that match it unfortunately so for now it will have to do without. I'll buy a compatible plate if possible the next time I'm at the computer shop and then will take SM23 back apart to install it.
    I'm so sorry for not putting one in the box as I have a heap of that syle here. I just forgot in my haste. :( That is a very common style back plate though.
    edited April 2005
    Hey no problem, the mobo is quite small and in the Lian Li case there is tons of room to work, piece of cake. :)
    edited April 2005
    SM23 is now running on the new board, however, I will have to reinstall the OS as the current install is not taking to the ECS. This will happen tomorrow afternoon as I have to leave at 4 and have run out of time. Other then that, everything seems to be a go. :thumbsup:
    edited May 2005
    Alright, SM23 is back up and running and Folding as I type. I will be keeping it all stock to ensure total stability. Hopefully, this is the end to the problems. :)
    edited May 2005
    Good job, man. I know how busy you've been, but you got her going again quickly anyway. I see that 15K Milestone arriving soon. :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Um, what else did you do to SM23 while she was under the knife? :scratch: Her boobs look bigger.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited May 2005
    Great work, good job team. :thumbsup:

"g"
    edited May 2005
    Kwitko wrote:
    Um, what else did you do to SM23 while she was under the knife? :scratch: Her boobs look bigger.
    Now that you mention it, the double-chin is gone, too. And her eyebrows are nearly on top of her skull. Facelift, maybe? :wtf:
    edited May 2005
    Like they say south of the border, "Neato Burrito!" :thumbsup: