DDR RAM needed for SM19

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
No reply yet from the oringinal donator and I am not waiting any longer.

Does anyone have a motherboard they would like to donate to SM19? A 1600+ AGOIA should go in it so some OCing features would be nice.

PM me or post in the thread and I should get back to you later tonight with shipping info.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Damn that sucks.

I thought it was a 1.4Tbird tho?

I just shipped the Case and PSU off, QCH will have it in 3 business days or so... I didn't realize he wouldn't have a motherboard yet!
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    It was going to be a 1.4TBird. No confirmation on that either but there are backups and backups of backups of CPUs right now.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    What happened to the motherboard? It was Sweetlou who was going to donate it, wasnt it? If you cant get hold of him over here then he posts alot at Addaboy.
    edited September 2003
    PM and email hasnt worked.
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Thats a shame :(
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Ok, what are we looking for? If you guys can find a cheap one, I'll see if I can pick it up. Post a link or two here, and I'll see if I can swing it.
    edited September 2003
    Athlon board that will except a 1600+ AGOIA stepping. Overclocking options would be nice.

I was thinking that we might have to dip into the fund for a cheap nForce2 board.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    waiting for gigabyte to finish rma'ing my KT 400 board and its your man
    edited September 2003
    How long will that be?
    edited September 2003
    OK now it needs some DDR for the Kt400 board. All I have is some SDRAM but no DDR. Anyone have a stick of 128 PC2100 laying around?

Man this has been hell.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I've got one.

Who do I send it to. 256mb PC2100 or PC2700, not sure..
  • edited September 2003
    mmonnin said
    Man this has been hell.

doesn't have to be ;)
    edited September 2003
    Prime: YGPM.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    Sorry guys.... My SM19 is giving you all a tough time.... She appreciates the effort.
    edited September 2003
    Just shipped the HDD and vid card.

If you have 2000 try a repair install. I just happened to pull it off of a K7S5A Pro so it has 2k and FAH already on it. I think there is a WU 84% done on it. It might work and save you some time.
    edited September 2003
    Cool... I'll probably grab the F@H directory and then wipe it out. I think I'll put XP on it. I have XP SP1 on disk and a network install CD-Rom with most of the other patches as well.... shouldn't take more than on evening to put together and install OS and FOLD!!!
    edited September 2003
    Yeah I made XP Pro with SP1 on it. I should do it for 2k and SP4. I use that enough. I havent tried integrating any of the other updates tho.
    edited September 2003
    I found a way to have the Service packs update the files of a full install, thus making a XP Pro w/ SP1 already incorporated. As for the other updates... I use the scripts that my work uses to push patches. They're updated every few days, so I burn copies once a week or so for our support needs.

Check this site out for help on Service Pack integration...
    http://www.netsonic.fi/~osiltane/tech/bootablewindowscd.shtml
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    RAM is on her way, cap'n.
    edited September 2003
    SWEET.... That means that I will have:

Case (Thanks GHoosdum)
    Memory (Thanks primesuspect)
    Hard Drive (Thanks mmonnin)
    Video Card (Thanks mmonnin)
    CPU Cooler (Thanks ME)

I guess I'm missing a NIC, motherboard, CD-Rom Drive, and Floppy. If need be, I can find some of them, just let me know. Cool?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I was prepared to donate a stick of PC2700 but after cleaning out my computer desk it has gone MIA. I'm sure it's around somewhere, so when it's found, it will be ready for SM20 donation.
  • edited September 2003
    CDROM and floppy are unnecessary.
    edited September 2003
    Not that is a problem, I have several x4 CD-Roms, but how would install an OS (windows based) on a system without a CD-Rom Drive?
    edited September 2003
    We figure that the host can use a spare or take from his own system if need be. And if you are chosen you have done enough building and have collected several spare parts anyway.

NIC is onboard the motherboard. You should get it when it gets back from RMA.

I actually have a CD ROM Linux OS with FAH on it that you can boot off of. I need to try that out. I think I will do that tonight since I have a computer w/o a HDD next to me.
  • edited September 2003
    "spare or take from his own system" as in using it just to do the OS install and putting it back in your machine.
    edited September 2003
    Install OS then put it back in your own system.
    edited September 2003
    that's cool.... No sense in shipping a CD-Rom that will only be used to load the OS.