IE 7.0 Alpha Revealed?

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
Flexbeta is reporting that according to some screenshots doing the rounds on some forums, Microsoft's answer to Mozilla's Firefox, Internet Explorer 7, might be in its alpha stage.
IE7.jpg
The about IE shows a build of 0719, and another screenshot shows what appears to be tabbed browsing. No mention of a leak yet, but if these screenshots are confirmed to be real, then a leak is definitely inevitable. Read more for screenshots.
ie7about.jpg

Looks fake to me.

Source: Flexbeta

Comments

• GobblesGobbles Ventura California
    edited May 2005
    looks fake to me as well. Especially the about dialog.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Why does the tab highlighting look exactly the same as in Firefox (orange stripe at top of active tab)? Additionally, I don't know anyone that actually puts "Alpha" in the version, it's always just build 0719. It's also missing the NCSA Mosaic copyright notice (which should be at the top of the scroll panel).

-drasnor :fold:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Looks totally chopped. I blew up a portion of the dialogue box. You can clearly see the text was taken from a different source. It looks like it was pasted from a screenshot.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    It is chopped. Heh. You can see the off-colour border around the text even without zooming.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Not everyone has young eyes like you, Thraxypoo.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    yeah, seriously, its a blatant chop job, altho some guy got some screenshots with his website circulating around (free advertising, good thinking on that guys part!)