Remote checking EMIII.

HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Folding@Home
Hey gang, I have a member over @ IC that wants to install EMIII on his network and then check it from another place to see how his pc's are folding. Is there any way he can do that? The only way I know of is to use a remote access program, then turn on the EMIII and check it. But, I didn't know if there's any other way for him, so I came here to ask my favorite folding guru's for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thnx friends.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    If the system with the EMIII running is WinXP, use remote desktop.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Thnx QCH2002, I'll check with him and see what he's running. And would his remote pc have to have it also? Appreciate the input.
    If anybody else has any input feel free to add it in please.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    If the other PCs aren't XP, you can use a remote access program like RealVNC or TightVNC, both free for home use.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    That's what I thought when he asked me if there was a way to check it. There's a few free remote programs he could use. Thnx Kwitko.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited May 2005
    EM3 can make an html page. If he could put that up somewhere he could check that.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Oh, Cool. Thnx mmonnin. I think I remember somewhere in the settings or configuration I saw that. I forgot it though, because I didn't need to use it. :thumbsup:
  • edited May 2005
    If the remote machine is running win 2000, you can also initiate terminal services from there but not have your machine controlled by another win xp/win 2000 machine.
  • HawkHawk Fla Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Both machines are running XP KingFish, But I'll keep that in my folding info file for reference. Thnx bud.