Wireless adapter for an NT4 desktop

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited May 2005 in Science & Tech
My wife is going on maternity leave at the end of the month and her job has agreed to let her work from home for a couple months. These assclowns have decided to send her home with one of their computers :wtf: instead of just letting me install Citrix ICA on the one computer we both share now. They say it's because it's easier that way, that they know it'll just work or something. As a matter of personal pride, I plan on installing Citrix ICA on my computer and getting her logged in at work :D

Now, the problem is that this machine they're sending home runs on NT4 Workstation. It's 2005, this OS is almost ten years old by now, wtf? Anyways, because of the location of the computer, it has to use a wireless card. The tech guy made this sound like huuuuuuuhhhhhh when I told him that, claiming it will be hard to find a wireless card with drivers for NT4. I thought, why? But then I remembered what a pain in the ass NT4 was, how it didn't support USB, how it had no device manager, how it sucked, etc... So can you tell me if you know of a wireless card that will work with NT4? It can be a cheapy 11Mpbs A card, in fact I'd prefer that.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    You might be better off trying a wireless bridge instead of a PCI card. That way you won't have to deal with the mess of installing any drivers.
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Do those just plug in to ethernet cards?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yep!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2005
    Yeah I think kwitko has given you about the only advice that is going to work for you. I doubt you'll be able to find drivers for hardware that wasn't even in the "sci-fi" category when NT4 was a mature OS. :-/