Directing air out the window::

2»

Comments

• JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2005
    meh then i have a lot of snipping to o heh
    And i agree with the need for cable organization. Pilotwings, you can do WAY better than that rats nest cant you? Oh and if you're REALLY worried about your GPU getting too hot, be like me and slap a CPU heatsink on there :D Excuse me but the picture is sorta big -_-
    comp.jpg 147.4K
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    Flintstone- I might try tin snips or something like that.. i do need to get those out of there to allow more airflow- yes. thanks
    JChretien wrote:
    meh then i have a lot of snipping to o heh
    And i agree with the need for cable organization. Pilotwings, you can do WAY better than that rats nest cant you? Oh and if you're REALLY worried about your GPU getting too hot, be like me and slap a CPU heatsink on there :D Excuse me but the picture is sorta big -_-
    ok would everyone please quit dissing my unorganized case?! lol i know it looks bad, but i dont have time to do it and most of it just wont fit in the case any other way. For christmas I think i'll be getting a new case, and then I'll organize it then when i move it to the new case.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Just make sure that new case isn't as disorganized as the present one! Oh, sorry, forget I said "disorganized". ;D
    edited June 2005
    ahhh lol

ok fine its a piece and it looks like hell- i get it ;D
    edited June 2005
    well when i do get a case, would zip-ties be the easiest way to unclutter everything?
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2005
    That works. Or, like I did, stick 'em behind the mobo tray, and duct tape them in place. Also, for quick and easy ghetto sleeving, black (or color of your choice) electrical tape works pretty good :D
    edited June 2005
    i might stick it behind the mobo tray (if the new case has one) or do zip ties. I really don't wanna do electrical tape. That stuff is soooooo sticky and really makes a mess if i ever needed to move things around and take the sleeving off.

Does this Thermaltake Tsunami have a mobo tray? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133132
    edited June 2005
    Most hardware stores have little hook and pile ('Velcro) tabs that are perfect for bundling cables. They come in different colors, and are easy to remove and reposition.
    edited June 2005
    like velcro cable ties basically.. yeah i could do thaat, but i think zipties would be more descreet, would hold better, and the velcro ties seem to snag on things and make the cable wider (cuz its wrapped around it a few times)
    edited June 2005
    You know what you're talking about. The nylon cable ties are technically better, but the colorful velcro ties look really nice. Yes, if it's a tight case, and every organizing advantage counts, you're best of with the cable ties.
  • edited June 2005
    Also you might want to consider this:

http://www.thermaltake.com/purepower/w049atx12v/w0049atx12v.htm

This PSU is great it gets the air from inside your PC and cools it down a bit. It made about a 5 degree difference in my room. And Believe me from 85 degrees to 79-80 is a big deal. I have been thinking about the whole exhaust out the window, or escape into the attic. Also keeping your room door open is better because closing it becomes harder for the hot air in your room to circulate in through the A/C. Not to mention not as much cold air will get in as well.
    edited June 2005
    i have a similar psu (w0014), and I do keep my room door open. We recently got our entire AC, vents, and ducts professionally cleaned out ($600 worth of work), and its made a decent improvement.
  • edited June 2005
    http://svc.com/8025-clear-4led-red.html
    these fans will do you much better

those other ones you wants are as loud as a hairdryer]
    these ones will be quieter than your cpu fan

also you can now afford to buy 4 to replace all the fans and fill in the two front fans