My turn to join Club 64

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited June 2005 in Hardware
Well, I finally have the means to upgrade, so here's my list:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Radeon X800XL (not sure of the brand just yet)
Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500
Lian Li PC-65B

I'm reusing my RAM, HDs, and optical drives. As for cooling, I'm leaning towards ARCTIC COOLING Silencer64UltraTC, unless you guys could give some better recommendations. I know how popular the DFI board is for nForce4 chipsets, but it's just a little too rich for my blood.

Let's hear opinions, people!

Comments

• GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    Not bad :)

The good thing in this is that it don't cost you an arm an a leg for this one, you'll surely appreciate the cost/performance ratio of this upgrade heh

Me i'll recieve my AMD64 in ~2 days... The one i've chose cost me a lot compare to the one you've chose :p (4000+ , OCZ PC4000 VX, X850 XT, Lian Li v2000, etc.)

In the end it's always the question 'how many $$$ can i put into my next computer ?' that will decide how good it'll be ;)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I ended up choosing a Sapphire X800XL. I've had some good success with Sapphire in the past (I believe they make/made board for ATI) and I like the fact that the PCB is blue. :p
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    Heh , i never had a SAPPHIRE before but le X850 XT i chose is from SAPPHIRE. Seems like a lot of people like this brand around here and on the review the last few cards from SAPPHIRE were all great choice :D

This card looks GREAT too :cool:

The only thing is that there'll be a lot of color in my next case... the case is black, the mb is black/yellow, my heatsink is in copper, the X850 XT is red & blue. My RAM is gold shined... :rockon: lol
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited June 2005
    SOUNDS GOOD..!! KEEP IT UP :thumbsup: