What do you think?(my new rig)

2»

Comments

• entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited June 2005
    I've seen those "retards" at the special olympics, they can haul some serious ass :thumbsup:
    HAHAHAHAHA ;D;D

That made me actually laugh out loud, however mean it might be ;D
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2005
    This is the most exciting thing to happen to me all day. :mullet:

What a dreary life I lead... :rolleyes:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    heh - i thought tex was getting banned ;D
  • edited June 2005
    Why would tex get banned, I think his signature is really cool and just for that I believe he should never get banned :thumbsup:

But that guy "The Hatter"

You can't hate on a rig unless it is running on Windows CE, Intel PI at 200mhz and 16mb of RAM then it is acceptable to encourage someone to upgrade but that was just wrong.

:scratch: It that guy banned

If he caused any more problems let me know I'll talk to him about forum ediquite and reteach him the right and wrong of networking (trying to make friends) and keeping them.

Man I hate people that hate on cool people like TEX

A matter of fact he is one of the reasons I joined this forum because of his cool sig.

Keep up the good work TEX :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2005
    You can't hate on a rig unless it is running on Windows CE, Intel PI at 200mhz and 16mb of RAM then it is acceptable to encourage someone to upgrade but that was just wrong.

For your information, it's a Pentium Pro @200mhz running Win98 ;D
    (yes it still runs)

BTW. Looks much better now that his post was restored.
  • edited July 2005
    Hey just as long as its not a regular pI, if it was then that is the cause of pure "Ohh I can still wait a while"

I used to be in the same place as you back in the days when I didn't have money.
    But that all changed and the first thing I did was upgrade.

So your still cool. :thumbsup:
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2005
    I was just being funny, (the Pentium Pro does still run though) I currently have 4 Xp rigs, 1 dual Opteron, 1 dual Xeon. When it comes time to upgrade, now I have to decide which one. ;D

Btw back on topic, Nice Rig!
  • sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited July 2005
    hey thats close to the same motherboard that I was wanting to upgrade with, so its probably similar. I was wanting this one and probably an Athlon 64 3200+. That should definitely pwn my current socket 478 Cellery 2.5ghz :D
  • edited July 2005
    That's a nice board but where in the world are the PCI Express slots, without those your lossing out on the big boy graphics cards, that now only come for PCI Express.
  • RiversCuomoRiversCuomo Missouri New
    edited July 2005
    That's a nice board but where in the world are the PCI Express slots, without those your lossing out on the big boy graphics cards, that now only come for PCI Express.

Yeah, haven't you heard? PCI-Express is where the big boys play :rolleyes:
    He probably doesn't need PCI-E at the moment, he's just getting a new motherboard and processor. He has an AGP video card but I would make room for the future....
    edited July 2005
    yeah I understand what you guys are saying, but I don't feel the need to get pcie now. I picked this one out because it was JUST what I needed. I'll be keeping my current 9800pro for a while so by the time I replace it with a pcie card, it'll be time for a new mobo.
    edited July 2005
    ...by the time I replace it with a pcie card, it'll be time for a new mobo.
    I just built my A64 system in January and followed the same logic. If I had millions in the bank I may have done it differently, it was just a matter of getting the most bang for (the few) bucks I had to spend.
    edited July 2005
    yeah I dont have much money either :D mowing lawns, getting allowance, selling on ebay, and doing small computer-related jobs for friends, doesn't rake in the dough!

What processor and motherboard do you have?
    edited July 2005
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (Socket 939) with an Athlon 64 3500+ :thumbsup:
    edited July 2005
    nice. the 3200+ should be significantly faster than my current cpu, right?
  • edited July 2005
    I think all of you guys are doing quite well, and I am part of the small income bracket too, have fun.
    edited July 2005
    nice. the 3200+ should be significantly faster than my current cpu, right?
    If you mean the Celeron 2.5, the A64 3200+ will kick it all around the block. :D

I think all of you guys are doing quite well, and I am part of the small income bracket too, have fun.
    It took a lot for me to be able to upgrade. To give you an idea, the system I replaced was a TBird 1200 - pretty much an antique. :wtf:

If you're on a tight budget, the best thing to do is put together a plan to upgrade in steps, rather than try to buy everything all at the same time.
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    If you mean the Celeron 2.5, the A64 3200+ will kick it all around the block. :D

yep thats what I meant! I can't wait.. thanks ;D
  • edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    If you're on a tight budget, the best thing to do is put together a plan to upgrade in steps, rather than try to buy everything all at the same time.

I hear you, that is a perfect answer wich some people I know can't seem to comprehend.

Example my friend had a compaq presario with a Celeron 2.4ghz, 256mb ram, 52x CD-ROM drive, and some other crap then he told me ohh I'm upgrading to an Alienware Auroa...

I said what the hell are thinking and how are you going to pay for this, he told me he was going to buy it and then make monthly payments on the thing.

I told him he was crazy and could find something better and faster then ALienWare, because it is not the best, not even close. If you want the best you got to make it yourself, or go to another manufacturer, Voodoo, gamepc, Falcon, or something listed in PC magazine.
    edited July 2005
    ...my friend had a compaq presario with a Celeron 2.4ghz, 256mb ram, 52x CD-ROM drive, and some other crap then he told me ohh I'm upgrading to an Alienware Auroa...he told me he was going to buy it and then make monthly payments on the thing...
    The sad thing is that he'll probably still be making payments long after the computer is no longer top of the line.

Alienware (and the other companies you mentioned) make some nice rigs, but you pay a hefty premium to have someone else put the rig together for you. You were right to tell him to build it himself. :)
    edited July 2005
    yeah i agree, and don't buy it unless you can pay for it!! Don't do any monthly payment plan crap.. you'll just end up paying twice as much. :rolleyes:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    My logic is to "sell, sell, sell" and offer the hand me downs to my wife so she can say "Get new stuff for both of us to have new puters". and thus my logic works! :D I just hope she doesn't find out I am upgrading my mobo while she is away this week. She still doesn't know I got the better CPU or that hers is my last hand me down yet. ;)
    edited July 2005
    haha... nice :D
  • edited July 2005
    sweet, always stay ahead of your family