God created man and AMD created the FX

TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
edited July 2005 in Hardware
Fresh out of the box on a XP90 in a very warm room, 30C.

3GHZ.jpg

This is going to be fun! :D

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    damn dude... Bet you can't wait until you get your hands on an FX57 :eek2::thumbsup:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I need a towel.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I knew you would chime in Thrax :D

Prime, the FX 57 will be out in a couple of weeks i think..and as far as i know, they are only higher binned FX-55 San Diegos anyway.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    Damn, too bad this baby cost a little to much for what i want to pay for a processor :shakehead

But i think i'll be happy enough with what the 4000+ SAN DIEGO has to offer :)

BTW seeing better clock than mine will be the price to pay for that choice :(
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Well, the important issue is the unlocked multiplier. I need that badly.
    13X260 is perfect for good watercooling or phase.
  • GooDGooD Quebec (CAN) Member
    edited June 2005
    How many $ do you paid for the FX-55 san diego ?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    oh come on mac ...you know you'll be clocking a 57 before any of us do! :thumbsup:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Looks like the 65NM process paid off. Enjoy your CPU, Mack!
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited June 2005
    :hitit2:

Mack, let us know how the memory controller fairs on those new FX's :thumbsup:
  • DoctorGeo2008DoctorGeo2008 Flint, MI
    edited July 2005
    I don't know *anything* about overclocking but I'm interested. This is probably a dumb question but here goes...

Since the specs on this CPU say it's a 2600 frequency and CPU-Z shows 3000, does that mean he's running this at 115% of it's specs??

Geoff
  • edited July 2005
    Damn Mack, you are making me so jealous. :cool:

I wish I could afford one of those jewels too. :thumbsup:

DoctorGeo2008, that is exactly what he is doing and that is overclocking. A lot of folks here do this when buying lower speed procs to make them as fast as the more expensive processors and try to save some money, but a lot of times we end up spending close to the same amount because we are also buying high end heatsink/fans setups or watercooling too. It's all good fun though. ;)
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    muddocktor wrote:
    Damn Mack, you are making me so jealous. :cool:

I wish I could afford one of those jewels too. :thumbsup:

DoctorGeo2008, that is exactly what he is doing and that is overclocking. A lot of folks here do this when buying lower speed procs to make them as fast as the more expensive processors and try to save some money, but a lot of times we end up spending close to the same amount because we are also buying high end heatsink/fans setups or watercooling too. It's all good fun though. ;)

I thought this was our secret??? ;D
    Well said mrmuddman!