gameplay help

edited June 2005 in Hardware
im able to play knights of the old republic without lag in someparts of the game but theres other parts during the game where it starts to lag. can anyone help?

specs:
AMD sempron 2500+ (1.75ghz)
PcChips m825g (9.2a) motherboard
Diamon stealth S85 ATI radeon 9250 AGP 128mb
512 DDR RAM

Comments

• JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited June 2005
    Sounds like your system may not be fast enough for the game, what srceen resolution are you running it at and have you got any of the graphic detail setting turned up. If so try lowering the screen resolution down a notch & wind down the graphics options in the game a bit & see if that improves things. The Radeon 9250 is not really a gaming card.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    What world are you on when you experience the lag? There are known issues with Dantooine and ATI cards.
  • edited June 2005
    ive tried in all resolutions and lowering down the graphics but its the same lag, the performace got way better since i fixed my processor. but theres still alittle lag left. i forgot to say that its knights of the old republic 2 primesuspect.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Both KotOR I & II have the same lag problem on Dantooine. The quick fix is to disable vertex buffers by adding the following line to the [Graphics Options] section in Swkotor2.ini (which should be in the root of the game folder):
    Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1

There is an update available which seems to fix the problem, but I left the line in anyway.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I have the latest version of the game as well as the latest catalysts, and Dantooine is still screwy. I just cranked down the graphics settings while I was on dantooine (disable soft shadows, turn off AA, disable frame buffer effects, etc.)
  • edited June 2005
    ive tried updating the game, it doesnt help that much. other than the lag my game keeps crashing when the loading screen appears. any suggestions?