One question

gabrielwonggabrielwong A places that no one live XD
edited June 2005 in Hardware
As i will buy a new computer soon, but i have one question in motherboard and the graphics card.

What is SLI means (i will buy ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe), is it just a name or its support something?

I heard somebody said the SLI is help the grapics card...(If not pls don't answer this question) and i will buy a GrandmarsX700Pro will it support???

Extremely thanks! :eek:;D

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    SLI is the ability to bridge two videocards together for added performance. Your videocards must be able to support SLI. I don't think ATI supports it yet.
  • GrayFoxGrayFox /dev/urandom Member
    edited June 2005
    Sli stands for scan line interlace basicly if you buy 2 nvidia cards your get 40% more proformence then just one.And no it will not work on an x700 series, you need a nvidia 6600 or 6800 series card. Ati will soon have a feature called crossfire it will so basicly the same thing.
  • deicistdeicist Manchester, UK
    edited June 2005
    GrayFox wrote:
    Sli stands for scan line interlace basicly if you buy 2 nvidia cards your get 40% more proformence then just one.And no it will not work on an x700 series, you need a nvidia 6600 or 6800 series card. Ati will soon have a feature called crossfire it will so basicly the same thing.

The old 3Dfx version of SLi was Scan line interleave, the Geforce implementation actually stands for 'scalable link interface'
  • gabrielwonggabrielwong A places that no one live XD
    edited June 2005
    ok... when will the [crossfire] release???
    And what motherboard is support the amd athlon 64 4400+ X2 with crossfire support? :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    ok... when will the [crossfire] release???
    And what motherboard is support the amd athlon 64 4400+ X2 with crossfire support? :)

Qusesion is not is, but will (future) support???? Crossfire specs not out completely for mobo mfrs TO KNOW HOW to support-- so as far as is supporting crossfire, nothing, and testing not out on mobos that will later in time support it. Sorry, GOOD answer to that question I quoted is not yet available AFAIK.