Keyboard

edited June 2005 in Hardware
I do not know which keyboard to get. I am really interested in the Saitek Gamer's Keyboard, and have read rave reviews for it but I have also heard of some possible drivers issues that Saitek has had in the past. I do not know if I should get it or a Logitek keyboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sfleurietsfleuriet Texas New
    edited June 2005
    imho, a keyboard is a keyboard.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I guess it depends on whether or not you want all those extra media buttons on the keyboard. I really like the forward/reverse/play/stop buttons on my logitech. If you don't want them, they're really just extra cost.

The only thing that I don't like about my logitech Elite keyboard is the F-Lock button you have to push before the F-Keys will work.
    edited June 2005
    yeah the F-Lock key is the same way on my Microsoft Digital Media Pro. My mom gave me mine for a birthday or something, so its real nice. Has volume, all media buttons, zoom slider, internet buttons etc.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    so what you're saying is that the keyboard wouldn't be the same without all those nifty buttons and everything?
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    I, OTOH, use a IBM Professional grade keyboard, and no F-Lock but no media buttons either.
    edited June 2005
    shwaip wrote:
    so what you're saying is that the keyboard wouldn't be the same without all those nifty buttons and everything?

no no thats not what I meant. I agree with you - its up to you whether or not you need those buttons. No they're definitely not necessary, but I have them on mine. All the regular keys work the same on each keyboard!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited June 2005
    Have you tried a "natural" layout keyboard? I started using them 10 years ago. I would not switch back.
    edited June 2005
    yeah i've seen those and I really don't like them. Its all about what you like I guess
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2005
    whatever you do, just make sure you get a USB keyboard. when gaming, PS/2 has its limitations