New PSU and no boot :(

2»

Comments

• pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    Just flashed to the latest bios and it was a no go. Off to compusa to pick up a different power supply.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2005
    Check and see if there is a setting to shutdown the computer in the event of low RPM on your CPU fan. If it's enabled, disable it.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    profdlp wrote:
    Check and see if there is a setting to shutdown the computer in the event of low RPM on your CPU fan. If it's enabled, disable it.

Thats disabled.

I just got it to work using my 450W Allied PSU in my main system. From what I've read there are some older PSUs that have problems with the newer motherboards and I THINK this is the problem. I'm going to order up a new PSU that isn't an Antec (Cause they seem to have this issue) and is around 500W. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll prolly go with a 480W Thermaltake.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited July 2005
    pseudonym wrote:
    Thats disabled.

I just got it to work using my 450W Allied PSU in my main system. From what I've read there are some older PSUs that have problems with the newer motherboards and I THINK this is the problem. I'm going to order up a new PSU that isn't an Antec (Cause they seem to have this issue) and is around 500W. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll prolly go with a 480W Thermaltake.
    These are the best deal in town.

SUPER FLOWER 550W PLUG-N 14CM MODULAR POWER SUPPLY

This is what I recomended To RiversCuomo and he is very happy. I made the recomendation after putting one in my wife's DFI NF4 system and it was more stable than an Antec true 550 I had.
  • Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited July 2005
    OCZ Powerstream 520w $135 & 420W $90 are top notch.

Also this Sparkle FSP550-60PLG-B W/24/8/6 Pin Dual XEON 550W Power Supply $85 + S/H ($20 cheaper than Newegg) will run anything upto and including a Dual Xeon or Opteron system
    +12V@36A, +3.3V@27A,+5V@29A,-5V@0.3A,-12V@0.8A,+5VSB@2A