Bid for the Rolex GMT-II

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2003 in Folding@Home
Bidding for Edcentric's Rolex GMT-II watch straight from the shores of China goes in this thread.

All proceeds benefit the Team Short-Media SMx Fund.

DO NOT BID IF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS. This is no joke. We will not take kindly to bidders who do not mean what they bid. If you bid an amount, that means you are prepared to pay that amount for the watch. Let's make this fair and fun for everybody.

DISCLAIMER:

THIS IS NOT A GENUINE, AUTHENTIC ROLEX WATCH. It is a very good copy. Please don't bid if you have a problem with this! NOT A REAL ROLEX!

Good luck, and happy bidding!

Comments

• shwaipshwaip
    starts bidding @ 10$

(you may want to include that its actually a Folex)
    bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    starts bidding @ 10$

(you may want to include that its actually a Folex)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    $12.50
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    15$
    edited September 2003
    $17
    edited September 2003
    $25
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    edited September 2003
    $40
    edited September 2003
    edited September 2003
    $49.99 :D
    edited September 2003
    edited September 2003
    i'm out ;[
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    $60.00

You may want to state what currency this auction is being held in for SM's international users.
    edited September 2003
    SimGuy said
    You may want to state what currency this auction is being held in for SM's international users.

heh...i've been bidding in the australian dollar...silly me :)
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    This is impressive guys.
    You make it worth the effort.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    $63.00.

John.
    edited September 2003
    Im out I actually want the other one more!! lol
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited September 2003
    //EDIT: I'm out. Just had to pay for a new rad in my car and can't afford a new watch, even if it's a great copy. :(
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    I would say American dollars since I think more of us are Americas, not that there is anything wrong with you silly Canadians and British, and Ed lives in America.
    edited September 2003
    http://finance.yahoo.com/m3?u
    In case you need a hand with the conversion :)

Watch out what you say about those 'other' monies, the Canadian dollar is almost worth something these days.....
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2003
    I <b> WAS </b> going to bid 330 but I guess no one want peso's anymore.

<font color=blue> <font size=1> 330 pecos equals about 30 US dollars.... </font> </font>
    edited September 2003
    It loojd like this is over...
    Ageek was last bidder,
    going once,
    going twice......
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited September 2003
    You said it would be over on the 22nd. Its the 14th now where I am.
  • edited September 2003
    whoever is highest bidder will need to paypal or send a money order to me. Good luck to ya and thanx for the bids - it's for a great cause. :fold:
    edited September 2003
    OK, so I can't read a calender. I wanted to have it run through the weekend, I just read the wrong Monday. If there is no action we might as well wrap it up. It might help get SM20 built quicker, and SM21 too. After all we need to re-overtake ARS.
    edited September 2003
    So AGeek, get the money to Server and get me your shipping address. When he tells me that he has it your watch will be on the way.

I guess that I can say now. It was a trip buying these. I bought four watches at once. These two, a dual time zone Cartier for myself and a Baby GShock for my daughter. The price that the lady wanted at first was 2800rmb ($340). I had a Chinese buddy with me to help negotiate. He loves this stuff. At one point the lady accused him of being a traitor since he was helping me and not her. In the end I paid 800rmb ($97) for all four. The two up here were about $30 each.
    edited September 2003
    Ed: Thanks for helping raise money for the SMx project. We all appreciate it
    edited September 2003
    Actually, YOU went to China and bought, that is the first part of the excellent contribution you made. ServerSphere should have the money for GMT-II by now, it was sent earlier today via PayPal. I do not mind having a good to very decent watch where half the paid price goes to folding, not at all do I mind.

THANK YOU Edcentric.

John, (who has had an old Seiko watch inherited from my father with a very scratched plastic lense on his wrist for 3 years (about) as local Timex's that are good and have what I need are in the $70.00-$90.00 range in Florida.) For me, $63.00 USD was a relative extreme bargain, and I bought sight unseen as I never even saw a picture here.
    edited September 2003
    atually the whole amount goes to the folding fund.
    This is just a fun way to double my donation.
    I spent $60 and the fund is getting over twice that.

I hope the business project flys. There was some other cool stuff that I saw.
    edited September 2003
    I found out something interesting, this watch is either motion wound and my wrist does not move much, or electric and needs a new battery, or it is pure wind-up watch, and it DOES have a backup winding mechanism that I am using now.

Thanks for the prompt ship and the tube packaging is very neat also, only way I can think of to make a very crush resistant package that is small survive UPS's 6' plus drops in their hubs.

If you know, could you PM me with the name of the mfr who made that tube?? It would be nice to ship RAM and small long things in and would survive much better. With ends and tube lengths, I can cut to length needed and just cap both ends and tape on for safety.

Arrival excellent down to and including the packaging! Watch excellent after figuring out winding part!

John.
    edited September 2003
    true i thought the tube was neat on the speedmaster too! now what exactly do u mean " small long things " ;)